inTank Media Baskets

Wiring up single MW LDD700 to storm controller?

dmasterx1x

I have a storm controller that currently uses 4 channels, all of which use a shared board to connect to the controller itself. That was really easy to hook up as all i had to do was solder the drivers in their marked places on the board then just plug the connectors to the controller.

Now, i'd like to add a 5th channel, but unfortunately i don't think there is aboard available (on coralux's website at least) online that would work for single driver. So.. how would i connect the driver to the controller as is?

There is a V+in and a V-in lead on the bottom of the driver, and the a V+out, V-out, and Signal wire on top of the driver. Would i use the top assignments to run to my led array, and the bottom to take power from the controller? If so, where does the signal wire go?

Would really appreciate some advice

Thanks in advance

Dave

Now, i'd like to add a 5th channel, but unfortunately i don't think there is aboard available (on coralux's website at least) online that would work for single driver. So.. how would i connect the driver to the controller as is?

There is a V+in and a V-in lead on the bottom of the driver, and the a V+out, V-out, and Signal wire on top of the driver. Would i use the top assignments to run to my led array, and the bottom to take power from the controller? If so, where does the signal wire go?

As Jedi has said, you can use 1 ldd on a coralux board with no problems.

In answer to your question, V in side needs 36-52V input from your psu (dependant on how many LEDs your driving from it).

Correct the V out goes to the LEDs themselves.

The odd pin on the + in side is the PWM pin that controls the brightness with the signal from your storm. Your signal wire goes to that, and you need a jumper wire to the - in on the ldd and a - (ground) pin on the storm (otherwise the ldd doesn't work right).

If you dim to zero you'll need to put a pull down resistor between the PWM pin and the - in on the ldd too.

Hope that helps.

Well i went ahead and just dealt with what i had. I connected the Signal wire along with a shared ground to the storm, then another ground and V+ in to the power supply. Obviously, the remaining V+ and V- out went to the leds. Everything is working fine, just have to figure out what sort of optics to get for these. This circuit is one Luxeon 3W lime led in the middle and two Luxeon cyans on opposite sides.

Archived