Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lighting schedule for an a160we kessil?

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

Does anyone have one over a standard 10 gallon like me? And what lighting schedule would you prefer? I have the controller just never at it up currently run mine at 60% intensity about 8 inches above the water for 9 hours

I use apex instead of the controller but I ramp up for two hours to 65%, run 65% for 9 hours, then ramp down for one hour. It's about 8" off the water. My tank is a little bit bigger than yours at 18x18x14. Corals all seem to be doing well.

Cencalfishguy56

I use apex instead of the controller but I ramp up for two hours to 65%, run 65% for 9 hours, then ramp down for one hour. It's about 8" off the water. My tank is a little bit bigger than yours at 18x18x14. Corals all seem to be doing well.

Thanks I really appreciate your input lol no one else chimed in

Sorry for the late reply, but I have mine on a 12hr schedule (also with apex). It ramps up for 3hrs to 85% on for 6hrs, then ramps back down another 3hrs. I'm running the color around 65% (roughly 12k - 14K) and I ramp it from 0% to 65% on the same timeline as the power. I'll eventually bump the power up to 100%. I mostly have sps, with a few lps in a 22g. Tank is 23x12x14 (not including the back chamber) and the 160 is 8" - 9" off of the water (there's only 13" from the SB to the waterline).

What corals do you have and/or plan on keeping?

Cencalfishguy56

Sorry for the late reply, but I have mine on a 12hr schedule (also with apex). It ramps up for 3hrs to 85% on for 6hrs, then ramps back down another 3hrs. I'm running the color around 65% (roughly 12k - 14K) and I ramp it from 0% to 65% on the same timeline as the power. I'll eventually bump the power up to 100%. I mostly have sps, with a few lps in a 22g. Tank is 23x12x14 (not including the back chamber) and the 160 is 8" - 9" off of the water (there's only 13" from the SB to the waterline).

Thanks I really appreciate it! Don't have an apex thinking on one down the road when I bump up in a few months but just softies and lps, also a bubble tip anemone I'm thinking in such a small tank I'll ramp up to roughly 65% so I don't fry my corals lol

Cencalfishguy56

Do you have a problem with lights not turning off at the end of the schedule? I imagine not with the apex but with the controller mine ramp up and down but don't turn off even at 0/0

No, never had a problem turning them off. It's strange that they won't turn off at 0. I would e-mail tech support, maybe there's an issue with your controller. They're pretty decent about returning e-mails. I had a couple questions for them and they responded within a day.

Good luck!

Wisenheimer

Do you have a problem with lights not turning off at the end of the schedule? I imagine not with the apex but with the controller mine ramp up and down but don't turn off even at 0/0

Sorry, I'm a little late to the game. Here's my schedule for my IM 30 cube using the Spectral Controller.

Colour/Intensity

11:00 0/5

12:00 40/40

15:00 65/65

19:00 65/65

21:00 0/5

22:00 0/0

This gives me complete lights out from 22:00 to 11:00.

Post you schedule, maybe there's something you're missing.

Archived