Innovative Marine Aquariums

Porkchop's Nuvo Pico 4 ~ Now with AI Prime!

porkchop-rob

Sk8n Reefer

Nice! That pic of your clown is really nice- captured em at the right moment. Clowns are tough to get a good shop........by the way- love your name - porkchop?

porkchop-rob

...by the way- love your name - porkchop

Was given to me the first day on the job years ago. For Months, my boss didn't know my real name. lol

I also race and at the track my wife is known as Mrs. Chop.

porkchop-rob

Need some opinions......

Should I start looking for skimmers or pico sized gfo/carbon reactors or dosing equipment or a controller

Or

Should I just run this system bare bones as It is with just the ATO and lots of water changes.

I am addicted to reef equipment....is there a 12 step program somewhere?

Whats your thoughts?

reefernanoman

Need some opinions......

Should I start looking for skimmers or pico sized gfo/carbon reactors or dosing equipment or a controller

Or

Should I just run this system bare bones as It is with just the ATO and lots of water changes.

Whats your thoughts?

Run it barebones! Just 1G weekly water changes are needed in my opinion. The only thing I would consider is a controller like my Apex Jr! Can you take some pics with your shiny new prime in actions please? I'm being accused of hating it! :lol:

ittybittypilot

Thank you for the video! Very helpful for those of us "shopping" to see it in action.
I have no idea where to begin with lighting, so many choices!

gulfsurfer101

Sweet tank, why no room for bta though! I have one large one and one small one in my ten! You'd be fine once it settles, then just add your frags back in from your larger tank. So the prime is everything they said it be then?

reefernanoman

Sweet tank, why no room for bta though! I have one large one and one small one in my ten! You'd be fine once it settles, then just add your frags back in from your larger tank. So the prime is everything they said it be then?

Don't ask me, since I have been labeled a "prime hater". I don't have one either, so that doesn't help. But from the comments, the new owners sound pretty pleased.

gulfsurfer101

Wait, are you drunk or an I? Where are we? Who's thread am I on again? What's going on? I swear I thought this tank was lit by the new AI prime. Did I thread jump or something? WTF!

reefernanoman

Wait, are you drunk or an I? Where are we? Who's thread am I on again? What's going on? I swear I thought this tank was lit by the new AI prime. Did I thread jump or something? WTF!

I'm drunk.

porkchop-rob

Yes its lit by a prime.

No Im not drunk

Yes I really like the light

Its my thread! LOL

I wont put an RBTA in the 4...its already getting cramped, I am about to take some of the LPS out.....I really want this to be SPS dominant.

I need someone in the Houston area to come photograph my tanks! I am terrible at taking pics!

reefernanoman

Yes its lit by a prime.

No Im not drunk

Yes I really like the light

Its my thread! LOL

I wont put an RBTA in the 4...its already getting cramped, I am about to take some of the LPS out.....I really want this to be SPS dominant.

I need someone in the Houston area to come photograph my tanks! I am terrible at taking pics!

I actually don't give a rats ass when someone posts something irrelevant in my threads. More hits and read counts for me. Carry on and I'm so glad that you are happy with your light BTW.

I was thinking about putting my rainbow BTA into my 10G, but I have a GBTA that has tripled in size in less than 6 months, so it's not a good idea to put it into your tank either. They grow too fast!

porkchop-rob

I actually don't give a rats ass when someone posts something irrelevant in my threads...

What did I say to warrant this?

I was responding to the list of questions from gulfsurfer. I have no issues with any conversation or banter on my thread. I was infact, being playful in my response.

reefernanoman

What did I say to warrant this?

I was responding to the list of questions from gulfsurfer. I have no issues with any conversation or banter on my thread. I was infact, being playful in my response.

I should have quoted the other person actually. But they were asking those questions that you answered. I'm sorry if I sounded like a Douchebag.

More hits for you!

porkchop-rob

Need some opinions......

Or

Whats your thoughts?

Thoughts?

gulfsurfer101

I didn't realize the tank was only 4g. I thought it was 8g. I'm currently housing two bta's and a very large maxima in my ten gallon while I preform a 2wk black out over my 75g. It was a temporary ser up but I'm falling in love with the tight look in such a tiny place that I'm thinking of getting back to my roots and building a nano. I'll most likely build around the fixture I choose. I really like the features the prime has, and the price is awesome for the capabilities it comes with out the box.

porkchop-rob

Well, It looks like the clownfish has ick......sucks.

The wife moved him to the QT tank today, hyposalinity.....first time I've ever done this, wish us luck!

On the lighter side of things, I pulled all of the LPS and Softies out of the tank, and re-scaped.

Now there is only

1 purple stylo,

1 green pavona,

1 small orange chalice frag, and

1 brown/reddish monticap.

I will continue to stock up on the SPS during the next month or so that the clown is in QT...

Archived