ReefCleaners.org

Custom Acrylic Work

smiz

working on it now. Trying to talk to some vendors on figuring out what mesh to use. But i would really like to get into this. I have someone who already wants one and he will be my test rat lol. I know how i want them to look and what options i want to offer i just need to nail everything down.

Sweet ill be interested in one also I trying to get rid of my glass tops!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

small update:

With holiday, house renovations, and my daughter first birthday coming up. Progress is slow lol. I am however currently working on a screen top. Materials will be arriving this week and im ready to rock and roll. Pictures to come as soon as i make some cuts!

small update:

With holiday, house renovations, and my daughter first birthday coming up. Progress is slow lol. I am however currently working on a screen top. Materials will be arriving this week and im ready to rock and roll. Pictures to come as soon as i make some cuts!

Can't wait! :haha:

• 3 weeks later...

For IM fusion 40, 30L, and 10?

I most certainly can. Working on this first one now to finalize the process so hopefully soon i can take some orders.

What does an aio insert cost for a 40b? I have a brace in the middle

Of the tank

I will be jumping into my first one for a friend locally who also has a 40b so within a week or two I will nail down a design and hopefully have prices

HarryPotter

I most certainly can. Working on this first one now to finalize the process so hopefully soon i can take some orders.

I will be jumping into my first one for a friend locally who also has a 40b so within a week or two I will nail down a design and hopefully have prices

Also interested for my RL-45 :)

Now for the goods. Unfortunately drilling the final hole of the entire piece I had a crack form and a small chip blow out. So I will have to re cut the top screen portion. But here is what it will look like minus the chip!

4170ADCE-5944-43E5-A29A-9B93DF34AD9F_zps

3E063300-9B54-4D66-8BB8-196426FF9C4B_zps

HarryPotter

Now for the goods. Unfortunately drilling the final hole of the entire piece I had a crack form and a small chip blow out. So I will have to re cut the top screen portion. But here is what it will look like minus the chip!

4170ADCE-5944-43E5-A29A-9B93DF34AD9F_zps

3E063300-9B54-4D66-8BB8-196426FF9C4B_zps

Are you using a drill to make hundreds of holes and then connecting them, or using a dremel? Is that hot glue attaching the mesh to the acrylic?

Are you using a drill to make hundreds of holes and then connecting them, or using a dremel? Is that hot glue attaching the mesh to the acrylic?

Oh god no! I don't have the patience for that lol. In this piece there are 15 holes. Each hole holds down the mesh with a clear plastic screw. Ill post a good CAD pic tomorrow of the cross section.

I looked into that one (http://www.amazon.co...FRRJ5Y4MHFG7XPJ) but it is to tall for my sump.

I don't wanna get anyones hopes up, something like this would be a month or two away if I can handle it! However if I do make one it will be way more pretty!

Well if you do start making one put my on the list for one

As promised here is a very QUICK cad sketch of what I do. The left two pieces get glued on top of each other to create a step. Then the top right piece get the holes drilled into it and the screen attached to it. It doesn't show great on this piece since its clear but the style will allow you to add some fun color to your tops!

565A1B56-ECCF-466B-B0CC-193940AB30BE_zps

Archived