Pod Your Reef

20g AIO Pico Tank

phillyclownfish

phillyclownfish

Just ordered a new tank. I have been out of the hobby for a few years. Last thing I was working on was breeding clownfish. My friend and I raised a few clutch's. Moved out of my house and now I am in a condo so I wanted something small. Decided to go with a 20g AIO pico aquarium. Should be here in about 4 weeks. I stopped at my LFS and just bought two frozen frostbite clowns from SA. LFS will order the pair and hold them for me until my tank is up and running. I am currently cycling dry rock in two 5 gallon buckets with hydor pumps for movement. I am hoping they will be "live rock" by the time I setup the tank. Pics to come.

Equipment List:

-20g Pico

-30lbs Pink Fiji Caribsea Sand

-40lbs Dry Rock

-MP10 QuietDrive

-Biocube 29 stand

-AI Prime LED

Fish:

- Frozen Frostbite Clownfish Pair

Wish List:

- BTA

phillyclownfish

Currently soaking the hydor pumps and my two heaters. When I first turned on the hydor's they were not spinning at all. They have been sitting for two years. The more I soak them in RO water the more they spin. Took apart all parts and cleaned them. Now they are running good.

Cleaned off all live rock this morning in my sink. Going to soak them in RO water and then put them in a 5 gallon with salt water to start the cycling process.

Pics still to come.

• 2 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

Have been researching lights for awhile now and I believe I will be going with the AI Prime instead of a nano box. I am going to see if just one will handle an anemone but if I need to get two at least it saves some money to go towards livestock. My LFS is going to see if he can order the prime this week.

phillyclownfish

Just checked the ammonia level on my rock bucket. Looks like it is somewhere between .25 and .50, I will do a 2 gallon water change sometime this weekend and will continue to monitor the levels from now on. Should have the tank by the first week of April.

phillyclownfish

Did a 2gallon water change last night. Ammonia is down to 0 now. I am going to put some more food into the bucket and hope to keep cycling the rock. Tank should be here next week.

phillyclownfish

Just ordered a biocube 29 stand for this. Should work. Also ordered mr RODI unit. Should all be here this week. Chris at Pico said the tank should be shipped next week. Waiting to hear from my lfs if I should just order the AI Prime through an internet supplier.

phillyclownfish

Stand has come and is looking good. Just got the Ai Prime today. Really like this light and its easy to control from my iPhone. Will take more pictures soon. Still waiting on the tank from Pico. Chris said he was hoping to get it out tomorrow. We shall see.

phillyclownfish

r u going to put ATO?

Not planning on it at this point in time. Did not have one of my biocube29 and never had any issues. Summertime though I go away each weekend so ill either add some rodi before I go or might get an ATO.

phillyclownfish

Picture after I added some sand :happy:

Picture with prime on. Sand is still trying to settle. Getting a lot clearer now.

post-70002-0-24335600-1429218552_thumb.jpg

post-70002-0-29323800-1429218716_thumb.jpg

Nice tank! I am actually starting a 20 gallon AIO cube as well! This is going to be my first reef tank, and since it looks like you have some experience already I will be keeping a close look at your thread :D

William

• 4 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

Nice living space! Just get those wires and cables hidden for a cleaner look

Thanks for the feed back. Made it a bit cleaner looking.

phillyclownfish

How are you liking the PicO? I'm considering getting one for my office.

I like it a lot more then my biocube.

Archived