inTank Media Baskets

Josh's Ecotech Fueled IM Fusion 20!

JMCollins24

JMCollins24

Updated shots from the tank...

Side view

IMG_0457.jpg

Side view of the hammer (with an angel photobomb!)

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

A little blurry, but the best pic I could get of the new clown pair together...

IMG_0518.JPG

The frostbitten clown.

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

The black mesh top... Much better than the standard white!

IMG_0544.JPG

I've added a pink tipped, green torch, but haven't taken pictures of the tank since I added it earlier tonight. Overall the tank seems to be doing great! The hammer originally had 2 heads and it appears as though it it splitting now and looks like we'll have four heads soon! I know, the crappy picture below sucks, but you get the idea! B)

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.JPG

JMCollins24

This weekend was quite nice... picked up some new goodies and dropped some moolah on a few nice SPS pieces and a nice Zoa rock.

I've been debating on a reactor and finally took the plunge on the CPR Nano Tumbler... seems to be solidly built, has a nice capacity, and the included Rio pump is nice! Best part is that it fits perfectly and it's more than half the price of the IM version!

Since I did a water change earlier and moved some stuff around, the tank was a little angry so I'll post some updated tank shots within the next day or two.

Happiness in several bags!

IMG_0616.JPG

Goods...

IMG_0623.JPG

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

What are the dimensions of the actual display area of this tank? Thinking of getting one soon. Tank looks great with that light above it.

What are the dimensions of the actual display area of this tank? Thinking of getting one soon. Tank looks great with that light above it.

I was seriously scared shitless that this tank would be too much like your standard size tanks and I was proven wrong. Its a great space to work with.

JMCollins24

I do have some updates.. Just been too busy to post some pictures.. I'm uploading to imgur as we speak!

As far as the foot print, it's a pretty nice space! I'm really in love with the footprint of this tank...

As far as dims go, I think it's 24x13x11 or something close to that.. keep in mind the back chamber is about 3" deep.

Steensj2004

This weekend was quite nice... picked up some new goodies and dropped some moolah on a few nice SPS pieces and a nice Zoa rock.

I've been debating on a reactor and finally took the plunge on the CPR Nano Tumbler... seems to be solidly built, has a nice capacity, and the included Rio pump is nice! Best part is that it fits perfectly and it's more than half the price of the IM version!

Since I did a water change earlier and moved some stuff around, the tank was a little angry so I'll post some updated tank shots within the next day or two.

Happiness in several bags!

IMG_0616.JPG

Goods...

IMG_0623.JPG

What do you think of that reactor? I tried to run one in my Nuvo 16 back in the day and ended up pulling it out in about 3 hours. Th way it overflowed made a LOT of noise and splashing, wasn't happy with it..... I would have put it below the waterline but the back chamber wasn't deep enough.

JMCollins24

Alright.. an update...

Since my last update, I've added a few things, lost a fish, and added a nice amount of coral!

Equipment Additions

IM Ghost Desktop Skimmer

CPR Nano Tumbler/ Reactor

Livestock Additions/ Changes

Added one Midas Blenny

Lost Dwarf Flame Angel :(

Small Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone

Coral Additions

Zoanthids

Monti Caps - One red, one blue rimmed green

Various SPS - Birdsnest, Pocillopora

Sun Coral

Maintenance

Weekly 20% water changes/ Sand vacuuming

Filter floss changes 2-3x weekly

Skimmer cup dump as needed

Feeding

Aqua Vitro Fuel 2x Weekly

Coral Vibrance 2x Wekly

Bio Pure Mysis (Frozen) 3x weekly

Rod's Food Original Blend - Occasionally, 1x Every other Week

I apologize in advance for the picture quality- My iPhone 6 Plus takes nice pictures, but not the best..

6phXKiIl.jpg

f5kWweml.jpg

XJ3mAQPl.jpg

POSChMfl.jpg

qZTtV3bl.jpg

Qev0No9l.jpg

NBrna4Pl.jpg

lkiNsDPl.jpg

lO8mTrHl.jpg

8CAdd66l.jpg

9m0hkHul.jpg

t1qpubwl.jpg

Wfw0Y1Yl.jpg

R3GEuyWl.jpg

0kAMMbVl.jpg

This guy loves hand/ arm rides whenever I have my hands in the tank...

hKuzF4ll.jpg

FTS March 2015

HabB2uBl.jpg

(Crappy) FTS 04/2015

V2tHZUh.jpg?1

• Like 1

The tank looks great, how are you liking your XR-15? Also, do you feel the ghost skimmer is a must, and are you happy running it? Or is it a wash between the pros and cons?

• Like 1

sweet build. I also have the 20 and I am waiting to set it up to when we move into our new place, dont know when that will be tho. Hopefully this year. I love the looks of the xr15 with the RMS. After seeing those pics Im pretty sure I have narrowed the lighting options down to this setup. Before it was that, the kessil a160, or perhaps a maxspect razor. I also considered the new AI Prime but I dont think it will extend to the full 24 inch tank.

Again, the build looks nice, very nice.

What about a NanoBox Duo?

What about a NanoBox Duo?

I thought about a duo, but they are a lot more expensive, and aesthetically I like the looks of the XR-15 with the RMS best. Then the Prime, then the duo. I feel the duos footprint looks really big when mounted on the fusion 20.

JMCollins24

The tank looks great, how are you liking your XR-15? Also, do you feel the ghost skimmer is a must, and are you happy running it? Or is it a wash between the pros and cons?

I love the light... If you decide to buy one, I really think the reef link is worth it... especially if you have the ecotech pumps, too.

I thought about a duo, but they are a lot more expensive, and aesthetically I like the looks of the XR-15 with the RMS best. Then the Prime, then the duo. I feel the duos footprint looks really big when mounted on the fusion 20.

A lot more expensive??

Radion XR15 With RMS mount and Reef link 637.00

NanoBox DUO Tank mount and Bluefish controller 450.00

The Duo is the only light in "your possibilities" that is designed with 2 LED pucks, hence, better coverage so high light extends tank wide and not just in the middle half. Radion also uses only "Cool white" LEDs which give a "stark, washed out" white while the DUO uses Neutral and Warm white along with Lime which gives a brighter, clearer look.

"SAY THIS AIN'T SEXY..

14154958980_878963f6f8_c.jpg

A lot more expensive??

Radion XR15 With RMS mount and Reef link 637.00

NanoBox DUO Tank mount and Bluefish controller 450.00

The Duo is the only light in "your possibilities" that is designed with 2 LED pucks, hence, better coverage so high light extends tank wide and not just in the middle half. Radion also uses only "Cool white" LEDs which give a "stark, washed out" white while the DUO uses Neutral and Warm white along with Lime which gives a brighter, clearer look.

"SAY THIS AIN'T SEXY..

14154958980_878963f6f8_c.jpg

Okay You got me, I with all honesty of heart cannot say "This Aint Sexy" Because holy Hannah its freaken sexy. What are the dimensions and the brand of tank? It really does look good, and I am impressed that the Duo puts out enough to cover that size of tank.

The Duo with the moonlight is 485, and I would want the moonlight phase.

I would buy the Radion used anywhere between 300-360 bucks, then add on 80-90 for the RMS, its still cheaper than the Duo without the reeflink. But not a lot cheaper as I stated before.

The cheapest would be going with 1 Prime. I see people do it, and they are happy with 1 Prime over the fusion 20.

I know the Duo would give the best coverage, a lot more than the Prime, but its twice the price.

I dont know much about the bluefish, such as what it is capable of as well as how it works. Maybe shedding some insight on that would get me more excited about the Duo.

I know everyone says that Nanobox Reef is the top of the line LEDS, but I have never had a reef nor a nano before. All my experience in SWFish is a 150g FOWLR and show fish. So I am concerned about spending 500 bucks on a light and then not even be able to grow SPS needing the PAR output that the Duo gives. That's why the Prime is enticing to me.

I don't mean to be pushy, just helpful. I got into the hobby a year ago and heard about Radions and Aqua illumination (makers of the Prime) and several others from talking to folks at LFSs. When i heard about NanoBox, I figured it was just some guy putting together lights out of his home for friends. I was hesitant to purchase something that you couldn't buy from retailers but after hearing so much, about Daves NanoBox lights i purchased a MiniTide and WOW, I was floored by the color and the way it grew coral.

Don't just believe all the hype the big manufactures put out about inflated PAR numbers because so many of them test their PAR through air and not water (which makes a big difference. NANOBOX lights will grow anything including the most light demanding SPS.

Go to Daves NanoBox forum under vendors and check it out and Message Dave with any questions and he WILL respond.

Hand made in USA by a guy who personally stands behind any light he makes and can be easily reached anytime. You can't say that about any other light makers.

BTW, I have a DUO on order right now. Haha.

JMCollins24

To start off, both lights are awesome options.

I know there are die hard fans of various pieces of equipment in this hobby, but I've wanted ecotech products since I got into this hobby 4 years ago. Dave seems like an awesome guy and his lights are top notch, but the gooseneck mounts just really don't scream modern to me.. Plus, I like that the reef link can control my pumps and the lights on the same schedule.. Sure, I could've gone with an Apex, but with the money I put into the start up of the tank, it was more logical at the time to go with the reef link.

I have yet to see this "washed out" white effect with my Radion. With the right schedule, these lights are amazing and of course will grow anything in my tank!

If I had to do it all over again, the only thing I would've done different would be to buy the XR30 so I would have had more upgrade options down the road. But who knows, maybe when I'm ready to upgrade I will go with nanobox so I can have both options.

As far as customer service, I have received awesome customer service from Ecotech Marine. Any questions I've emailed/ tweeted/ facebooked to them have been answered extremely quickly.

In the long run, I think you can't go wrong with either option. Like I said, Nanobox lights are top notch, but of course, so are Ecotech products. What it boils down to, is what you want to do, what you have the budget for, and what will make YOU happy in the long run.

For me, Ecotech has been awesome!

Also, I don't have any issues with my light reaching the edges of my tank...

Everyone on this site loves Nanobox... I'm pretty sure nano-reef is putting Dave's kids through college. That being said, I have the XR-30 Pro and I <3 it!

• Like 1
JMCollins24

Everyone on this site loves Nanobox... I'm pretty sure nano-reef is putting Dave's kids through college. That being said, I have the XR-30 Pro and I <3 it!

LOL You're probably right!

Cencalfishguy56

I have a kessil 360 with a controller over my fusion 20. Tons of options. Roll with your gut! You'll be happy

You think the a160we would be just enough? Lol I'm bumping up to the same tank as yours and don't want to spend the money of not necessary

I already have the light btw