Coral Vue Hydros

aquarium stand for drone control

brandon429

its fw planted but at .5 gallons and about 5 lbs weight full, we can easily switch this out with a micro marine tank like the one in my avatar

fw is this side of house because it gets too hot and cold

I used to build a lot of multicopters and before some RC planes. I had a 1000mm hexacopter with a gopro and FPV at one point.

Have you ever used head tracking or video googles like FatSharks?

I do have some fatsharks but the field of view is kinda lame compared to other monitors, but they are handy as backups. the head tracker is beyond my tech, my fpv stuff is budget i just try to fly long dx and make it back home and it worked for 3 yrs, till saturday

:)

the drone from this vid is dead lol

dead man, dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its on the top of a giant mountain outside San Angelo Tx as of saturday ha!!! well they are giant mountains to the non hiker type.

I simply cannot get it, ill fall off. the mtn is a good 6-800 feet nbd, but its really steep and simply not worth this guys short term or very long term medical leave time risk to retrieve it heh

$750 bye bye I could see it wedged in rocks at the very tip top, there is about a 60 foot straight down wall that lines the top of the mountain which is why i wanted to film it lol, i think indians might have been up there i think i saw rock drawings. now there is a drone up there for hikers of the future to recover and laugh at our tech from 2015. its some random mtn 40 miles outside of town, im not sure when another soul would be heading that way i was just randomly cruising around looking for filming sites coming home from the lake weekend.

my gopro and full fpv dji phantom is forever retired to the rock surface lol

well, another one is coming mid april and as such updates, the p2 runs 23 mins flight time ill enjoy that much better

the little mule, made of styro and zip ties, survives and is my go to rig until a new quad shows up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sul2tnSk2cg

There are blade copters that w carry a gp, 3-400 min. For that price you could get phantom 1 from rc-drones.com its better imo, I'm getting a phantom 2 due to longer flight times

builderanthony on here does fpv custom built setups, I like phantoms due to ready to run.

here is the mountain, steeper than it looks but somewhere a mtn climber is laughing at our 800 ft peak.

https://imageshack.com/i/f0rjxxxBj

shot w plane drone above, my lost quad is directly in that interesting rock structure at the top

these looked like rock paintings when I was scouting this flight area with my plane... grainy but zoomed screen cap

https://imageshack.com/i/eyY7gJTej

when I sent in the quad up close, Murphys law kicked in, said pay $750 for taking this footage.

Steensj2004

I have both the Blade QX nano and the midsized 180.....no real-time video, but I've considered a larger FPV setup. Looking into building a FX-79 Buffalo and trying to do some more extended stuff.....a lot to research and I havent really had much time building the tank too. Possibilities are endless, been flying RC for about 15 years now Cool video!

Steens that is neat, that blade can easily carry the new pico 5.8 gear and get you out quite a ways live fpv if you just put a directional antenna mod on the transmitter for that little rascal lol so you can get a few hundred yards of control

Steensj2004

Steens that is neat, that blade can easily carry the new pico 5.8 gear and get you out quite a ways live fpv if you just put a directional antenna mod on the transmitter for that little rascal lol so you can get a few hundred yards of control

I considered the Spektrum FPV kit, reasonably priced and I imagine you could get some decent range for messing around. Amazing technology for sure

That sucks hard about the drone. my brother's a rock climber... you needa get one of those in-shape guys to climb down there :)

I'm an EE so I'm pretty prepared for all the complicated RC stuff, but It's really not that hard to get into full fledged antenna, long range, customer drone. I used headsharks btw those were pretty good, but still fatsharks and them are pretty "old" products.

i'm glad to help if you want, look into "DragonLink" if you've interested in going really far.. distance wise with FPV. I'm talking 50+ miles!

Archived