SaltCritters.com

Spanky's 2x4 Flood Tray Tank... We have water... somewhat...

SpankythePyro

SpankythePyro

So you going to get some acros? You know not to dip smooth skins, or dip in a mild solution, but they can be sensitive. Best bet is to remove from frag plug, discard plug, inspect closely for dead spots / eggs, then add to tank. :)

I have a couple cornbred millie's/acros coming in that are lower PAR because i plan to mostly house various zoa morphs and BTA's. I won't be getting any smooth skins for awhile and

11863210_1452509311724534_71859461875981

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. I've not heard of a lower par milli, can you tell me more about this one? What par it does well in, where I can read about it or buy it?

SpankythePyro

Apparently this one is doung well At around 350 which is what i can get in the center of this tank while still keeping all bulbs on and having 80-200 primarly for zoa growout

Apparently this one is doung well At around 350 which is what i can get in the center of this tank while still keeping all bulbs on and having 80-200 primarly for zoa growout

Sounds about right. I have a UC Rainbow milli that was nothing but brown for months so I dipped it and then placed on a frag rack with about 200 par. Already getting a green base, so I wonder if some really do prefer lower par? Most millis do well 300-400 from what I've read.

SpankythePyro

Sounds about right. I have a UC Rainbow milli that was nothing but brown for months so I dipped it and then placed on a frag rack with about 200 par. Already getting a green base, so I wonder if some really do prefer lower par? Most millis do well 300-400 from what I've read.

I was told to lower the PAR if you wanted them to get their greens and yellows back otherwise most turn into the usual rose/violet/blue

SpankythePyro

Stocking List Update:

Zoas:

Cornbread Juicy Fruit

Cornbread Bowsers

Cornbread Rainbow Infusions

Cornbread Mindblowing Pally

Cornbread RIsing Sun Pally

Tyree Orange Rainbow

WWC Twizzlers

Rainbow Sakuras

5-color Vampire Morph

Sunny-D's

True Blue Hornets

Salted Agaves

Rastas

Pink Lemonades

Tubb's Blues

Magicians

Nightmares

God Of Wars

Captain Americas

Fruit Loops

P.O.T.O. WOW's

P.O.T.O. Starbursts

LPS:

Pink & Orange Torch

Invert:

Rainbow BTA (Green > Orange > Red)

Looking forward to..

Fairy Tales

Utter Chaos

Candy Apple Reds

Caribbean Dreams

Mohawks

Rainbow Rhinos

Bloodshots

Stocking List Update:

Zoas:

Cornbread Juicy Fruit

Cornbread Bowsers

Cornbread Rainbow Infusions

Cornbread Mindblowing Pally

Cornbread RIsing Sun Pally

Tyree Orange Rainbow

WWC Twizzlers

Rainbow Sakuras

5-color Vampire Morph

Sunny-D's

True Blue Hornets

Salted Agaves

Rastas

Pink Lemonades

Tubb's Blues

Magicians

Nightmares

God Of Wars

Captain Americas

Fruit Loops

P.O.T.O. WOW's

P.O.T.O. Starbursts

LPS:

Pink & Orange Torch

Invert:

Rainbow BTA (Green > Orange > Red)

Looking forward to..

Fairy Tales

Utter Chaos

Candy Apple Reds

Caribbean Dreams

Mohawks

Rainbow Rhinos

Bloodshots

Needs more fuzzy sticks...

So you going to get some acros? You know not to dip smooth skins, or dip in a mild solution, but they can be sensitive. Best bet is to remove from frag plug, discard plug, inspect closely for dead spots / eggs, then add to tank. :)

Bayer has zero harmful effects on smooth skins. One of the many benefits of using it B) I recommend lighted jewlers loupes for inspecting for eggs.

Bayer has zero harmful effects on smooth skins. One of the many benefits of using it B) I recommend lighted jewlers loupes for inspecting for eggs.

This has been proven over and over to NOT be true. Some smooth skins can handle it, some die. Be very careful. Where do you get your information from? Plenty of evidence on RC that there are numerous smooth skinned species that cannot tolerate bare dips.

SpankythePyro

I have two systems so Its not like I can't QT them for a couple months. They will just be transferring from LED to T5 lighting at some point.

This has been proven over and over to NOT be true. Some smooth skins can handle it, some die. Be very careful. Where do you get your information from? Plenty of evidence on RC that there are numerous smooth skinned species that cannot tolerate bare dips.

I have dipped enough acros to go through 3 bottles of Bayer. Probably 200+ frags and 50+ colonies. Ive never had a smooth skin react negatively to the Bayer dip. I suppose it is possible, but echinata, turaki, speciosa, lokani, suharsoni, and caroliniana have all been fine for me.

I have dipped enough acros to go through 3 bottles of Bayer. Probably 200+ frags and 50+ colonies. Ive never had a smooth skin react negatively to the Bayer dip. I suppose it is possible, but echinata, turaki, speciosa, lokani, suharsoni, and caroliniana have all been fine for me.

Well, that works for me then. :)

SpankythePyro

We have water.... however i derped

My TDS has been TWO this whole time I've been filling the tank with RODI water

I'm unsure if I should just drain it, replace the cartridges and resin and shoot for zero across the board and remake 50 gallons or stick with it now and start the cycle tonight after I add salt and a heater

post-41755-0-93786500-1440638060_thumb.jpg

We have water.... however i derped

My TDS has been TWO this whole time I've been filling the tank with RODI water

I'm unsure if I should just drain it, replace the cartridges and resin and shoot for zero across the board and remake 50 gallons or stick with it now and start the cycle tonight after I add salt and a heater

Cycle away! The more the hair algae for the CUC the better!

(Thats just my impulsive self. More responsible (Eww) thing would probably be to redo it..)

SpankythePyro

CUC is going to be a tang and a sixline lol

Still trying to find out the best position and setting for the rw-8 as well

If anyone has experience with directing flow in a shallow frag tank let me know. The return doesnt actually move much water, pretty much just breaks up tje surface area

righttirefire

I'm with harry. 2tds won't hurt nothing. Cycle away. Replace cartridges and resin. Think of all the people who use lfs water and "trust" it's fine. Tap water people... little "dirt" never hurt no body. But it's replace my shit so my water changes and top off water were 0. Lol

SpankythePyro

Not sure what you are trying to say... I had leak tested it with 2 TDS water out of my RO/DI unit so i replaced all the filters and resin in order to cycle it at 0 TDS just for safety since I am on well water.

edit: lol.. I guess he deleted his post..

Archived