ReefCleaners.org

Electric Imp - no lights / can't control / help please

reef55

Hi,

I am hoping someone else has ran into this issue, and knows how to solve it possibly.

The electric imp lights when I first power on the bluefish controller go amber, off, amber, then off, and stays off. The bluefish light is white. I cannot get it to take any commands (as it is not blinking from what I have read, so it isn't listening).

I have tried unplugging the power for over an hour, both with the card in and out, and then tried again. Same deal... this doesn't change it at all.

Any ideas?

Much thanks,
Mark

jedimasterben

Is this a new controller or has it been working fine for a while?

That color code on the Imp means that it has no wifi settings. Can you try Blinkup again?

I am the new owner of it, it was working at the previous owner's house. So it needed new wifi settings, and I did the clear settings first, then tried to upload new wifi settings, which the app returned an error code to the screen and said it couldn't configure the device. Since then, it is stuck in what I described above. If I try to upload new settings to it, it doesn't seem to respond at all. From what I've read on the ElectricImp, it seems that if it isn't blinking, it won't accept new settings?

jedimasterben

When you cut power to it and give power back does it immediately go to blinking amber-off-amber-off?

So, I can get it back to a cleared state, by timing the clear configuration send to start just as I power it up.

I re-applied the network configuration, and it did the same as before:

Red - Off - Amber - Off - really fast Green - Off (and then stays off).

The app then says it is configuring, then about a minute later errors out with:

BlinkUp Failed
Please login and try again. See the quickstart guide for troubleshooting. The operation couldn't be completed (com.electricimp.blinkupSDK error 16913060.)
I tried changing my network to have a simple password, then to no password. I also tried with two different iphones (an Iphone 4 and a 6). All ways of trying it result in the exact same pattern of blinks, and then error as listed above.
  • 1 month later...

Addressed by email.

Thanks Spencer, much appreciate the help!

Can I get that email? I am having this exact problem.

please email me at support@aquarium-led-controller.com

I got it working. Sorry for the false alarm but thank you for responding.

Archived