Innovative Marine Aquariums

Closed Zoas

SeventyTimes7

SeventyTimes7

Hello all.

I know this question has been asked multiple times but...

On Thursday I received a small colony of radioactive Dragon eye zoas. They arrived closed and they still are. However, instead of being tight butt hole closed I can see little neon circles peaking through. I have them in the sandbed with moderate flow and light. Is there anything I can do for these guys, or just wait it out? My parameters are fine and my other palys and zoas are doing just fine.

SeventyTimes7

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not too worried, I figured they were just slowly acclimating. Just wanted opinions haha.

9yM4rmd.jpg

Pinner Reef

The color is really saturated but I can't see any pests... Sometimes it takes a coral up to a week to fully acclimate to your tank. Until then keep an eye on them and make sure you don't see any bugs or slugs crawling around on them. Is that actually a film on the skin of the zoas or just the way the picture makes it look?

SeventyTimes7

It's just the way the picture looks. My LEDs really screw with phone photos.

Here's another with the blues dimmed a bit.

DnGP5I1.jpg

Thanks for the info, I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Pinner Reef

Hmm. I might need some backup on this one but the uppermost and the one directly below it look to have a fungal infection. Zoas will do the half open thing during a fungal infection. look into a furan 2 dip for them.

they'll perk up in time. I had some like that myself. I actually had rectal tightly closed ones that started to recede after 2 weeks they opened. Now a new polyp is forming.

Edit: Oh yeah, one looks a little sad.dip it.

SeventyTimes7

Quick update,

I dipped the zoas yesterday, I used Seachem reef dip. The're looking a lot better today, a couple are almost completely open. I do notice some have little brown marks, and I can definitely tell something is wrong with a couple of them. Would it be a good idea to remove the problem ones with a razor? Or...?

MJLGlQT.jpg

Archived