Coral Vue Hydros

Help Me Save My Citron

Snow_Phoenix

Snow_Phoenix

Long story short, the Health Department unexpectedly fogged my whole neighbourhood and despite some last-minute measures such as pulling a sheet of glass over my tank top, some of the fumes got in and poisoned/crashed my system. Lost 80% of my CUC, a few fish and inverts, and my Citron has now broke out in this odd grayish-black chemical-burn-like symptoms all over his skin:

Z9IjElK.png

07LdYS8.png

yXdUWSC.png

oyRGPMc.png

Uq9aqnm.png

kJFjVLE.png

As you can see, he does have Ich (which he had previously, but I decided to ride it out), but now my concern are the sudden grayish marks and lesions, and odd lumps and waves. It is not Black Ich because I've researched it and the pictures don't match.

So my question is - Is this caused by chemical poisoning through the fumigation? If yes, is there a way to treat this guy and somehow help him? He has stopped eating completely since yesterday.

Sounds like the fumigation triggered it.. not much you can do besides big WCs and running a lot of carbon. If you have another tank handy, might be worth setting up a small quarantine to try to get him back in shape. Good luck!

Archived