Pod Your Reef

Lego Frag Tank

lkoechle

Thinking about starting a small frag tank like a Fluval Edge 5 gallon. And I was thinking about making it a lego theme (legos are abs plastic so should be safe) and it will be a "display frag tank". I thought it would be fun, especially for my son. What kind of lego theme do you think it should be? I don't know if I want an underwater theme. Something quirky would be fun. This isn't meant to be a traditional tank, just a fun little quirky frag tank for swapping with folks. I thought an interesting idea would be to figure out a way to have frags suspended like using the clear stands for flying objects. So for example, if it was harry potter themed, someone levitating a frag.

I know come of you guys might think its stupid, but I think it'd be a fun little tank. So give me your ridiculous ideas for themes!

I agree, with all the specialized shaped pieces they make now, imagination is lost. They really are saying that kids don't have the ability to creatively think anymore or have the timespan involved for it as so much is already supplied to them in quick ways. I'm glad I grew up when I did. I loved the big box of LEGOS.

When I read the title, I thought you meant you were making a frag tank out of legos instead of glass or acrylic :D

So I must ask... would that work? Anyone had the same thought? It's a pretty novelty idea of course, but hey. Those suckers don't come apart easy

When I read the title, I thought you meant you were making a frag tank out of legos instead of glass or acrylic :D

So I must ask... would that work? Anyone had the same thought? It's a pretty novelty idea of course, but hey. Those suckers don't come apart easy

not without something to seal them water tight.

not without something to seal them water tight.

Hahah, yeah that's what I thought

It'd be pretty unnecessarily complicated even as a temporary overnight holding tank but I'd still applaud anybody who tries it

Mr. Microscope

Also, if you wanted to ditch creativity, you could probably make a fairly efficient frag rack out of legos. Though, it'd probably require some weight to keep it from floating.

Also, if you wanted to ditch creativity, you could probably make a fairly efficient frag rack out of legos. Though, it'd probably require some weight to keep it from floating.

I was actually thinking of gluing the bases over egg crate so i could affix the legos to the rack.

I had the deep sea explorer set as a kid. It was a research boat with a crane to lift a bright yellow submarine. Such an awesome lego set. Definitely recommend going that route. Would look awesome. Whatever you do, take pics and post em.

Archived