Cultivated Reef

Whittling Down My Fish List

HeyJay

I have a new 40 breeder up and running.. Currently there is a pair of clowns with a larger RBTA and a Banggai Cardinal.

I want to pick 3 other fish from this list, open to any input since I can't make up my own mind:

Helfrichi Firefish (almost certain this will be one of the 3)

Orchid Dottyback

Yellow Assessor

Flasher Wrasse of some type

Randall's Goby

Helfrichi and flasher wrasse are on the way from DD, I'll have a month while they QT to figure out the last one.

Get a bluespot jawfish..... it has a ton of personality

You getting around in the snow up there in Syracuse?? I have family that lives in Geneva and they had like 5 ft. of snow a couple of weeks ago.

I have a new 40 breeder up and running.. Currently there is a pair of clowns with a larger RBTA and a Banggai Cardinal.

I want to pick 3 other fish from this list, open to any input since I can't make up my own mind:

Helfrichi Firefish (almost certain this will be one of the 3)

Orchid Dottyback

Yellow Assessor

Flasher Wrasse of some type

Randall's Goby

Those dottybacks can be aggressive fish. I had an orchid before, he was good for the most part, he didn't bother other fish but if I missed a feeding he would nip at snails and crabs.

I have a neon dotty now, he's the same way, doesn't bother the clown in the tank with him, but will nip smaller snails. Goes after the necarrius snails when they come out and crawl on the glass.

Get a bluespot jawfish..... it has a ton of personality

You getting around in the snow up there in Syracuse?? I have family that lives in Geneva and they had like 5 ft. of snow a couple of weeks ago.

Snow is just a fact of life here, it doesn't slow anybody down B)

I don't think I have enough sand for a jawfish, but they are definitely interesting

Archived