Pod Your Reef

Ok got my array let me know

thehammer1985

thehammer1985

This is only temporary on a rapid pre drilled board until I can drill and tap my other heatsink from heatsink usa than I'll be doing clusters

Probably take about 2 weeks til I recover from surgery and go to our shop with drill press

jedimasterben

If you've already got the RapidLED heatsink, why are you getting another? Also, you don't need to use screws to mount the LEDs, thermal adhesive works fantastically.

thehammer1985

Jedimasterben the only thing I was worried about was the rapid is predrilled in rows. I didn't know if putting an led over a hole to make clusters would be an issue. Also should I solder these on the heatsink or lay them out cut the wire and solder off

Also if I cluster these do you think this will look ok . I got the 2700k ww rebel like you said

jedimasterben

The predrilled holes won't affect anything, they're tiny.

I always attach the LEDs and then solder, that way they stay in place.

thehammer1985

What can I write on the heatsink with for layout ? And I have a fluke multimeter from when I used to do electrical . I know how to check diodes amps volts resistance what numbers should I be checking for. Sorry for all the newbie questions I just wanna do this right im really excited to start diy

Archived