Top Shelf Aquatics

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

My last endocrinologist was telling me about the shit I HAD to do or eat (even though my A1C after getting an insulin pump was ####### 5.4), my new one I switched to a couple months back sat down with me on my first visit and said "I don't believe in this thing controlling your life, it is there to help keep you going the way you want to." I was like that's good, I'm gonna go eat a big ass plate of spaghetti now :lol:

I could live fine without carbs, the only thing I like is bread and corn on the cob in the summer. I hate pasta. We make broccoli and cheese as well as cauliflower and cheese instead of macaroni.

• Like 1

Sweet whats growing in there now :lol:

maybe its just the 73 degree weather :P

Cyano....meh...expected but some of the shit looks like bypropsis and GHA. :( its odd some of the brown patches of cyano are growing long brown bypropsis looking shit.

I could live fine without carbs, the only thing I like is bread and corn on the cob in the summer. I hate pasta. We make broccoli and cheese as well as cauliflower and cheese instead of macaroni.

Oh no way :wacko: pasta is good.........I don't love it but hell have to have spaghetti every once in a while......that's on the menu tonight......spaghetti and meatballs.....

The cheese and broccoli is good though ;)

Cyano....meh...expected but some of the shit looks like bypropsis and GHA. :( its odd some of the brown patches of cyano are growing long brown bypropsis looking shit.

What is it with you and algae :lol: what kind of water do you have in that god forsaken state you live in :P

• Like 2

73* here......... nothing like wearing shorts and flip flops in January :):P

Such an awesome day! Shorts for us too!! Carlsbad is the worst ;-)

• Like 2

Oh no way :wacko: pasta is good.........I don't love it but hell have to have spaghetti every once in a while......that's on the menu tonight......spaghetti and meatballs.....

The cheese and broccoli is good though ;)

What is it with you and algae :lol: what kind of water do you have in that god forsaken state you live in :P

I like to do eggplant or zucchini lasagne with LOTS of spices, sausage and extra ricotta cheese. We do the same thing and put cauliflower or broccoli in it like a baked ziti. Lower carb stuff doesn't have to be tasteless.

• Like 1

Such an awesome day! Shorts for us too!! Carlsbad is the worst ;-)

AC has been running on and off today.....this weather given the shit storm everywhere else almost makes my mortgage worth it....almost ;)
  • Like 1

I like to do eggplant or zucchini lasagne with LOTS of spices, sausage and extra ricotta cheese. We do the same thing and put cauliflower or broccoli in it like a baked ziti. Lower carb stuff doesn't have to be tasteless.

That sounds good I do like eggplant parm.........

But carbs are my friend ;) until they make a carb less beer :lol:

• Like 2

AC has been running on and off today.....this weather given the shit storm everywhere else almost makes my mortgage worth it....almost ;)

How many square feet you have there?

Probably 1500 he is in a condo...........and has an HOA.........oh wait Mr Sancho you cant plant that bush there :lol:

um GFY :lol:

1200 and no snow to plow

Probably 1500 he is in a condo...........and has an HOA.........oh wait Mr Sancho you cant plant that bush there :lol:

I wish sheesh 1500 here you a baller...Im not baller status

• Like 3

I have a HOA :rolleyes: I never listen to what they say #### em.

um GFY :lol:1200 and no snow to plow

My last house was 1180 square feet. The mortgage and insurance and taxes here was 704 a month :)
  • Like 3

My last house was 1180 square feet. The mortgage and insurance and taxes here was 704 a month :)

Well 1800 here and around 800 a month.............

But you guys stay where you are it sucks up here :lol:

• Like 2

um GFY :lol:

1200 and no snow to plow

Sunshine tax is no joke! You definitely have to love it here to stay! I can't remember what area of Carlsbad you are in but where are you shopping locally? After ETF closed I have been driving to New Age in Vista and occasionally to San Diego... I am in La Costa so ETF was really close- about 10 minutes away!

righttirefire

Good luck catching that LMB bro, hate to break it to you, but you're gonna have to rip the tank apart. If it were a bicolour or tailspot you could use snail shells as traps and have a damn good chance of catching it, LMB's don't fall for that shit.

I caught that ####er with my water bottle trap

Sunshine tax is no joke! You definitely have to love it here to stay! I can't remember what area of Carlsbad you are in but where are you shopping locally? After ETF closed I have been driving to New Age in Vista and occasionally to San Diego... I am in La Costa so ETF was really close- about 10 minutes away!

Im heartbroken over ETF I honestly miss Tuan. He sold me my first tank back in 1992. I had high hopes talking with Neil about how awesome the new store was going to be. Had know idea the drama that was going on behind the scenes. My go to shop now is reefers garage. New Age used to be tri city tropical fish and the owner sucked. He also let a great shop go to shit. They used to be in a huge shop off the 78. I stopped going there after they moved. The few times I went in there I was disappointed. Now that it's under new ownership things seemed to have picked up a bit. But was a bit put off when I saw everything I wanted was in a tank that said NFS.....put your NFS shit in the back don't put it in the tank for everyone to see....haven't been back since
  • Like 2

I have a HOA :rolleyes: I never listen to what they say #### em.

neither do I......yeah those bastards put liens on our house and threatened to foreclose over $1200 worth of fines. The wife panicked and paid them. I was of the mindset good luck foreclosing on a $310k mortgage over $1200 in fines.....GFY

Yeah but you live in a part of the country with tornadoes, snow and miles of nothing...the $2300 I spend almost makes up for not dealing with that shit

• Like 1

Good lord 2300 and 1200 sq ft. You must really love the traffic :lol:

not really but I do have a thing for flip flops and shorts..........just waiting till a position opens up in the great northwest ;)
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

It was cold enough that the water in my aerator tank outside was about 40 degrees and I forgot to turn my tankless water heater up a fuzz to compensate for it, so my shower was mildly warm this morning. :D

• Like 2