inTank Media Baskets

biocube29 led upgrade

rone_kevin66

I have a rimless bc29 with a cheap led light on it. I'm looking to upgrade to a more powerful light that will not kill my bank account. I've been looking at the rb photon 16 or the kessil 160 or 360. In not sure if the 160 would be enough power for the 29. I just have softies and leathers rt now but want lps and some nem no sps. What light would be best or something else around that price range

Look at the oceanrevive series. Cheap and very powerful. Its what we will be using on our 28 nanocube and my im nuvo 16

I liked the or 247 because it was the built in timer but it's to big for the bc29 and the 026 has not timer. Also both need to be hung and where my tank is hanging from the sealing is out.

we found a thread on manhattan reef forums of a guy building a light stand for his tank using pvc... cost like 16 dollars to build it... so we are just going to do a DIY for it... and turn the lights down to 20% until things acclimate to it. We ordered the Arctic s026 for the nanocube 28g... still running stock skkye lights on my nuvo 16... but so far my coral are loving the stock lights on the 16...

I liked the or 247 because it was the built in timer but it's to big for the bc29 and the 026 has not timer. Also both need to be hung and where my tank is hanging from the sealing is out.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/142691-diy-led-bracket-holder-12-a.html

we found a thread on manhattan reef forums of a guy building a light stand for his tank using pvc... cost like 16 dollars to build it... so we are just going to do a DIY for it... and turn the lights down to 20% until things acclimate to it. We ordered the Arctic s026 for the nanocube 28g... still running stock skkye lights on my nuvo 16... but so far my coral are loving the stock lights on the 16...

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/142691-diy-led-bracket-holder-12-a.html

Thanks I'll need to look at that cause at that price total the 247 would be a awesome deal.

I run a Kessil A350N over my 28g NanoCube, which houses a Magnificent Anemone (very high light requirement), and it is more light than I actually need (run it at 75% both channels), so a A150W or A160W (preferred, as it it is more powerful than the A150W) would probably be enough for many less demanding species, such as a bubble-tip anemone or many LPS corals, and also many soft corals.

I run a Kessil A350N over my 28g NanoCube, which houses a Magnificent Anemone (very high light requirement), and it is more light than I actually need (run it at 75% both channels), so a A150W or A160W (preferred, as it it is more powerful than the A150W) would probably be enough for many less demanding species, such as a bubble-tip anemone or many LPS corals, and also many soft corals.

Thanks I really like the a160 and the price is rt where i want to be but their is no specs on it on their page so I wasn't sure if it would be strong enough and the 360 is just a little to much

Archived