ReefCleaners.org

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

Yes, my orchid is sad. I'm hoping moving it closer to the Nanobox will make it happy. It's been surviving for 5 or so years now, but hasn't flowered in over a year. :( Buy me an orchid??

Get some good orchid fertilizer/food. I feed mine 2 different ones for different times of the year. One when there are no flowers and one when it is in bloom.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things looking happy! Going to try to resist messing/adding more for a few weeks so it can all settle in. Soon I've got to start moving my sticks up from the sandbed. :happydance:

Things looking happy! Going to try to resist messing/adding more for a few weeks so it can all settle in. Soon I've got to start moving my sticks up from the sandbed. :happydance:

how's the plate doing? it looks better in your latest pic =)

I got the frags up off the sand and onto a hanging frag rack. I'll get a new FTS up soon.

I think I need a sand sifter or two in this tank. Any suggestions?

I got the frags up off the sand and onto a hanging frag rack. I'll get a new FTS up soon.

I think I need a sand sifter or two in this tank. Any suggestions?

What about a fighting conch? that way they'll sift the sand but not deplete it of the good stuff...

Well, I guess they won't technically sift it, but they'll move it around.

What about a fighting conch? that way they'll sift the sand but not deplete it of the good stuff...

Aren't those rather big for a fusion 20?

I'm trying to get my sandbed un-cluttered, but a lot of my RFA's like to hang out in the sand right at the edge of the rocks. They make it hard to siphon some areas.

Aren't those rather big for a fusion 20?

I'm trying to get my sandbed un-cluttered, but a lot of my RFA's like to hang out in the sand right at the edge of the rocks. They make it hard to siphon some areas.

Im in the same boat.. waiting for suggestions. Although I may just pick up a couple small Nassarius snails. I've read they will dig into sand.

I use nassarius in every tank, regardless of size. It's hilarious watching them rise from the sand whenever I feed the tank. They move around a lot in the sand.

Chitons are great too, but a little harder to find at the stores. I got mine at a Petco of all places.

Im in the same boat.. waiting for suggestions. Although I may just pick up a couple small Nassarius snails. I've read they will dig into sand.

I have 3 little tiny ones. Probably wouldn't hurt to try and find bigger ones.

I guess I was looking for something cuter to add instead of just more snails... :happy:

The fighting conchs get to be about 3-4" max. I don't have one so I can't speak from experience, but was thinking of getting one. This is what was posted on LA:

overview

The Fighting Conch is a very hardy member of the Strombidae family. They are excellent sand sifters, and very beneficial in the reef aquarium. As they burrow and dig through the aquarium substrate, they clean and aerate the bottom.

Fighting Conches can grow to about 3" and do well in all sizes of reef aquaria with supplemental feeding. Aquacultured specimens are readily available, and are usually more colorful, and adapt easier than wild caught specimens.

The Fighting Conch is an omnivore and will also consume detritus. Supply pieces of fresh fish and dried seaweed, as well as high quality frozen foods, to supplement what they will feed on from the bottom of the tank.

Approximate Purchase Size: 3/4" to 1-1/2"

What about ceriths? I have a ton in my BC because they had babies and are keeping the sand bed stirred really well.

LOL that light. That's great.

Great looking tank. I love the aquascape.

Thanks! I do love my light!!

The fighting conchs get to be about 3-4" max. I don't have one so I can't speak from experience, but was thinking of getting one. This is what was posted on LA:

overview

The Fighting Conch is a very hardy member of the Strombidae family. They are excellent sand sifters, and very beneficial in the reef aquarium. As they burrow and dig through the aquarium substrate, they clean and aerate the bottom.

Fighting Conches can grow to about 3" and do well in all sizes of reef aquaria with supplemental feeding. Aquacultured specimens are readily available, and are usually more colorful, and adapt easier than wild caught specimens.

The Fighting Conch is an omnivore and will also consume detritus. Supply pieces of fresh fish and dried seaweed, as well as high quality frozen foods, to supplement what they will feed on from the bottom of the tank.

Approximate Purchase Size: 3/4" to 1-1/2"

I still feel like a 3" snail will plow through my stuff. My rocks are small, only about 10lbs total too...

Nassarius are great. Zombies ftw!

What about ceriths? I have a ton in my BC because they had babies and are keeping the sand bed stirred really well.

But see below. Snails aren't cute! -_-

I have 3 little tiny ones. Probably wouldn't hurt to try and find bigger ones.

I guess I was looking for something cuter to add instead of just more snails... :happy:

Oh yes...the regular size ceriths dig into my sandbed too! Not sure they sift it but they definitely move it a bit. The best sand sifter is you and a gravel vacuum ;). I'm done trying to find animals to do the work for me because they never do what I want them to do LOL. Now I'm the "algae eater" and the "sand sifter" in my tank :D.

Archived