Coral Vue Hydros

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

Mortar... duh! That would have been smart!

Upon further research, I think the urchin might be a fire urchin. Seems they can get rather large, and do have a venomous sting. So I won't be getting one for my little 20 gallon. As it is, I always forget to look out for the urchin in my biocube and frequently bump him with my hand during tank maintenance day.

Maybe if I ever end up with a LARGE reef tank I would consider. But for now, I'll just have to look and say, "ohhh prettyyy..." from a distance.

I used the mortar from marco rocks, Ive mixed and worked with mortar/concrete before, but their setup is really simple and it was totally worth it. Lets you scape anyway you want and its super strong.

Urchins still cool though lol. Theres so many things I wish I could have in my tank.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon further research, I think the urchin might be a fire urchin. Seems they can get rather large, and do have a venomous sting. So I won't be getting one for my little 20 gallon. As it is, I always forget to look out for the urchin in my biocube and frequently bump him with my hand during tank maintenance day.

Maybe if I ever end up with a LARGE reef tank I would consider. But for now, I'll just have to look and say, "ohhh prettyyy..." from a distance.

My LFS had a few of those in stock. Really stunning creatures!!!!!

I bought a refurbished 90 GDB 4-stage a couple of months ago, it doesn't have the TDS meter, but it works as advertised. 0 TDS. Go for it.

I bought a refurbished 90 GDB 4-stage a couple of months ago, it doesn't have the TDS meter, but it works as advertised. 0 TDS. Go for it.

I think it's worth it for a little more to have the built in TDS tester. How do you know if your's has 0 TDS?

Love it!

Thanks! It's bubbling away in a bucket for now, still no sign of a tank...

I have the cheap-arse ROBuddy with the add-on DI cartridge. I refill my DI cart with color changing resin from BRS.

I have a handheld TDS meter and this is more than adequate for my tanks. When I buy more RO capacity, it's going under the sink for drinking water. The tanks will continue to get ROBuddy water.

I think it's worth it for a little more to have the built in TDS tester. How do you know if your's has 0 TDS?

Thanks! It's bubbling away in a bucket for now, still no sign of a tank...

You must be beyond frustrated!!! :(

I spent a bit extra and got the Spectrapure 90GPD Chloramine removal system because it has an extra stage over the normal 90GPD refurb, also has 3 TDS meters I believe.

It hasn't arrived yet but if you're spending the money I would probably spend the extra and get the system you want.

Not to say the refurb is bad at all, never used it I just thought it worth the price difference to get the extra stage. :)

I have the spectra pure 4 stage with tds meter and it works, but it's slow. We're looking into a getting one of those pump things to increase the speed. takes about 4 hours for 5 gallons.

I need an RO/DI unit for making my own water. Transporting ~10 gallons every week from my BF's apartment is just not going to work...

This one good for the money?

http://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/CSPDI-Standard-90-GPD-RO-DI-System

I have the refurb unit and love it. I do already have a handheld TDS meter though. Can't remember where, but I read somewhere (Melev's reef maybe?) that the built-in TDS meters aren't that reliable/worth the cost over getting a handheld one.

O man kimber, I can't believe that tank has not come in yet! That would have me going nuts.

This is me: omgomgomg

Bought the RO/DI unit.

Looking into TDS meters now.

This was one of the highest rated TDS meters on Amazon. I had gift cards to use so it should be here Monday!

what's the ETA on the new tank?!

There is none!! :tears:

I guess a couple of stands have arrived, so hopefully the tanks aren't far behind. fingerscrossed

This is me: omgomgomg

Bought the RO/DI unit.

Looking into TDS meters now.

This was one of the highest rated TDS meters on Amazon. I had gift cards to use so it should be here Monday!

I have one by this brand, though mine has boring tan plastic instead of the snazzy blue :lol:

I have one by this brand, though mine has boring tan plastic instead of the snazzy blue :lol:

Me too, what the heck?!?!?!

Me too, what the heck?!?!?!

The snazzy blue almost matches my light... ;)

TDS meter came today!

I had fun testing all the water sources in the office:

Tap water: 180ppm

Filtered tap: 170ppm

Fridge filtered: 150ppm

I can't wait to go home and test my RO/DI!

Archived