Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a hard decision!!

If I go with colors I like, I would end up with a black fixture with dark green or dark blue accents.

If I go with something that matches, I might get lighter green, blue, pink, or purple with white. But I'm worried that might be too matchy-matchy if that's the same colors I'll be looking for in corals.

Maybe a sky blue with white accents? That would be sky/cloud colors. Think Dave would put a little yellow sun decal on the top for me?? :happy:

Go with the colors you LIKE!!!!! Honestly, when the light is on the tank and working, you don't even notice the color of it.

And he could definitely put a yellow sun on it. That sounds cute :). He did polka dots for me...I think he could do pretty much anything :).

Go with the colors you LIKE!!!!! Honestly, when the light is on the tank and working, you don't even notice the color of it.

And he could definitely put a yellow sun on it. That sounds cute :). He did polka dots for me...I think he could do pretty much anything :).

BF said I should do black w/ grey. How boring! :rolleyes:

Some rocks are on the way courtesy of Jamie!

NanoBox light is ordered and payment just sent!

The tank and stand will be set aside for me by the LFS as soon as they get a shipment in. I guess port strikes are effecting their shipments greatly and I may have to wait 3 or so weeks for the tank to come in.

omgomgomg

Some rocks are on the way courtesy of Jamie!

NanoBox light is ordered and payment just sent!

The tank and stand will be set aside for me by the LFS as soon as they get a shipment in. I guess port strikes are effecting their shipments greatly and I may have to wait 3 or so weeks for the tank to come in.

omgomgomg

omgomgomg

Soooooo exciting :happydance:

I am definitely getting super excited!

The tank, stand, lights, and rocks are at least ordered/on the way, so I can scratch that off my list.

What I already have in my possession: individual switch power strips, spinstream, rw-4, thermometer, and an ATO.

BF is piecing together test kits for me (I usually bring my water to his place to test) out of what he has extra. Then I don’t have to worry about carrying water over to his place to test all the time since I'll have two tanks I'll need to test for.

I’ll need to get the sand, heater, pump (I plan to split the return), media baskets, and glass scrapers. Though, I’m in no hurry for anything of that, since receiving the tank will take a few weeks.

Anything I am forgetting?!?

What kind of test kits are you going with? I need something better for NO3 and PO4. Probably need a K+ kit at some point too.

What kind of test kits are you going with? I need something better for NO3 and PO4. Probably need a K+ kit at some point too.

He uses RedSea at work and at home.

He uses RedSea at work and at home.

Cool. I use the Red Sea for alk, calc, and mg. Wasn't sure if the NO3, PO4, and K+ tests have any issues. I'll probably order them when I order refills for the alk and calc. Where does he get his refills from?

Cool. I use the Red Sea for alk, calc, and mg. Wasn't sure if the NO3, PO4, and K+ tests have any issues. I'll probably order them when I order refills for the alk and calc. Where does he get his refills from?

He's a service tech for a local LFS, so he just get 'em from work.

I can't wait for my rocks to arrive!!

It means this weekend I can work on my scape! And I get to break out some cardboard to make a "tank"!!

It means this weekend I can work on my scape! And I get to break out some cardboard to make a "tank"!!

Reading stuff like this makes me wish I was setting up a new tank :lol:. It's like bringing home a new baby, puppy, kitten, etc :wub:.

Funny how a box of water can give you the same googly feeling LOL.

TheKleinReef

The Red Sea K+ Kit is pretty tricky. It takes 45+ minutes to complete and the color change is extremely subtle. But Red Sea has a video on YouTube explaining the test pretty well. I'd link it but I'm on mobile.

Sounds exciting! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

My lucky day!

Someone just put a large cardboard box out for trash (which is awesome cause I wasn't sure what I was gonna use at home).

I get to make my "tank" during lunch today!

USPS.com says my box o rocks was delivered 2 hours ago, but the receptionist doesn't have them! Been on hold with USPS for 15 minutes waiting to talk to someone.

I are sad.

I GOT ROCKS!! omgomgomg

I might have gone overboard with the bubble wrap...hope you got more than just a lot of rubble.

YOU ARE THE BEST!! Seriously, this is exactly what I wanted and I think the amount is perfect! :wub:

A++++++!!!!!!!!

Is the NB light color you chose a secret???? I saw your post on Dave's progress page :).

I can say it's blue with a little something extra to make it unique! ;) I'm anxious to see how Dave makes my idea look!!

I can say it's blue with a little something extra to make it unique! ;) I'm anxious to see how Dave makes my idea look!!

Can't wait to see :).

This is exciting! I considered a Nuvo 20 before I decided to stick with a 36" length. It probably would have cost me a lot less too lol.

Enjoying the read so far, keep it coming. :)

Archived