SaltCritters.com

Ironman Shroom excretion what?

Dramad1

I've had this guy in the back of my bc for about a year. I've noticed it being shaded by my cap and shrinking in size. So today during a water change I decided to move it up front and see if it can regain it's awesomeness. Shortly after wc, I noticed it excretion something, any ID what it is?

Poo?

20150222_120559_zpsppxxgozr.jpg

Seems like every time I do a larger water change or handle my mushrooms they always put out those long trail bits... I don't know what it is but for over a year they've done this with no ill affects. I figured it could be a defense mechanism to secrete a decoy of "stuff".

I have seen many mushrooms do this, and what I think is it's basically throwing up some of its organs because of stress. I think they may be called messenterial filaments. Anyway, they are fine, it will go back inside it by tomorrow, just let him be for now.

It's the filaments mentioned above, they'll suck them back in no problem as stated. All good, nothing to be concerned about. I had mine even do that while it was splitting on its own.

Archived