inTank Media Baskets

Anyone else get this notice from Bulk Reef Supply

alanwest09872

I doubt the email is real. Someone mentioned on here that BRS had some CC numbers compromised. Give them a call they will tell you if it's real or not.

I have not gotten that. I also highly doubt BRS would actually send something out like that. How would BRS offer credit protection?

When companies compromise your sensitive information (thru hack of their system), they'll partner with a credit protection agency to provide its compromised clients with credit protection . . .usually for a year. So it is possible that it is legit, but proceed with caution. Contact them thru your normal means and ask about the e-mail.

alanwest09872

I have not gotten that. I also highly doubt BRS would actually send something out like that. How would BRS offer credit protection?

When companies compromise your sensitive information (thru hack of their system), they'll partner with a credit protection agency to provide its compromised clients with credit protection . . .usually for a year. So it is possible that it is legit, but proceed with caution. Contact them thru your normal means and ask about the e-mail.

I doubt the email is real. Someone mentioned on here that BRS had some CC numbers compromised. Give them a call they will tell you if it's real or not.

Its not an email guys its an actual letter stating they were hacked.

alanwest09872

We are contacting you about a data security incident that occurred at BulkReef Supply.com. While the investigation is ongoing, it has been dtermined that the security of some data for some customers who logged into the website from july 30 2014 until January 30, 2015 may have been compromised. The outside cyber hacker intrusion was initially discovered on Jan 21 2015 and the data compromise was contained and corrected on January 22, 2015.

Its a long letter im not going to type it all out but this is the jist of it.

I would contact them directly, then. Call their customer service or something and find out.

thats what I am going to do. Just wondering if anyone else got the letter in the mail.

Its not an email guys its an actual letter stating they were hacked.

I got the letter in the mail today. All they could get from me is name and address which is always public information I use Paypal on there site.

I got the letter too...late December somebody got a hold of my info and bought 400 dollars worth of beuty supplies...close enough to bulk reef supply I guess...lol

I got the letter and tried to sign up for the credit protection but couldn't get that website to work. I'm not sure if it's because I was using an iPad to access it as not all sites like mobile devices or if the numbers just didn't work. I did have my credit card data stolen in late January, which is the time BRS had their incident... Luckily my bank caught the transactions in Georgia, knew I wasn't there and stopped them after two sets of purchases. I'll throw a shameless plug for USAA Bank, Ive had cc data stolen a few times and it's never cost me a penny.

Polarcollision

I got this letter in the mail. Also, the credit card company used at BRS had immediately closed and mailed out new cards in response. Real deal.

I got the letter too...late December somebody got a hold of my info and bought 400 dollars worth of beuty supplies...close enough to bulk reef supply I guess...lol

I got the letter two days ago and the card I used on BRS was used yesterday at MAC COSMETICS in some city in PA. I called and cancelled the card, and new card is on the way. If you received a letter, I would play it safe and just get a new card.

Archived