Pod Your Reef

Clownfish pairing?

SeventyTimes7

SeventyTimes7

I picked up 2 percula clowns, Lenny & Norma, last week at my lfs. They both look pretty happy in my biocube. The day after I added them I noticed some strange behavior. One of them did this weird twitchy thing for a second or two a couple of times. After some research it sounds like it may have been him submitting to the female. To me it makes sense because I observe the other chase and nip at him. Is it normal for them to have this behavior, this early? They are only a little over an inch. Clowns are so fun to watch

I picked up 2 percula clowns, Lenny & Norma, last week at my lfs. They both look pretty happy in my biocube. The day after I added them I noticed some strange behavior. One of them did this weird twitchy thing for a second or two a couple of times. After some research it sounds like it may have been him submitting to the female. To me it makes sense because I observe the other chase and nip at him. Is it normal for them to have this behavior, this early? They are only a little over an inch. Clowns are so fun to watch

Mine are doing the same thing, apparently the twitching means one its submitting :D

Archived