Coral Vue Hydros

Yellow tang turning fuzzy and white

Alkomist

Like title states, i have a yellow tang full of energy and very fat. He has recemtly turned a really light shade of yellow, and had grown white spots and a fuzz all over his body. I cant find anything on line about this. Im not entirely sure its ick because he is not scratching or anything....he swims around and grazes, swims to the top of the tank when i feed it.....his energy levels seem normal. Can anyone help me with this guy???

I dont have a qt tank and i have coral in the same tank. He shares the tank with 3 clowns and a yellow clown goby and they all are fine. No one is itching......

you should definitely isolate the guy. he's sick the fuzzy stuff is some sort of bacteria or fungus for sure. if you care about the other guys do it asap, than start getting into the root with medicating him. just be very very gentle when scooping him out. it might cause a lot of stress that leads to worst. a trap or something to catch him would be a lot better. you can get a 10g and start medicating.

also, pay a lot of attention to the other fish for signs of that fussy stuff

did you add anything new to the tank recently?

does it look like this ? or is it more like white spots?

P9141174%5B1%5D%20sick%20tg.JPG

If it was velvet you'll have a major out break if you can't treat the tank. I've just lost 12 of 13 fish to velvet at the start of the year. But the spots do look to big to be velvet. You get a dusty coating of grey/gold coloured spots with velvet and the fish often slimes more giving it a fuzzy apperance.

I would lean more towards white spot and the fish is producing excess slime because it's fighting off the parasites.

guess ill swing by petco and pick up a 10G on my way home. I really hope I can save him, iv had him for about 2 years.

I haven't added anything to the tank besides coral frags. I don't supposed I can add something to my display without harming my corals?

what do I dose in the QT tank?

thank you guys for the replies

so the Weirdest thing...................he isn't Fuzzy anymore and all the white spots vanished....he is still in the Display tank. I haven't had any time to set up the QT tank (15" cube I picked up from a local)

I read online that it could be Cauliflower? and that there really isn't a cure, and that it depends on the fish immune system to rid of it.

has anyone else heard of this? I'm in sort of a Disbelief of how Yellow he is now compared to how whitish he looks in the pics.

should I still QT him? all my other fish look fine and have no signs of anything on them.

thanks

Archived