Cultivated Reef

Pilg0re's 11.4G SPS Garden

Pilg0re

Bunch of updates!

Drilled the tank

d4aPQMVl.jpg

Plumbing installed. Glue got everywhere but I have to make sure it was all sealed
uxyqDfel.jpg

Here's the PVC, also just making sure my ATO reservoir would fit.
X2IsNdAl.jpg

Also, of course there's a new video.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love the videos and cant wait for this :)

Thanks! MP10QD is pre-ordered and just waiting to hear back about my light

I always wondered how a bean animal overflow works... thanks for explaining it.

Btw, the aquascaping is nice. What kind of corals/fishes are you going to add?

I always wondered how a bean animal overflow works... thanks for explaining it.

Btw, the aquascaping is nice. What kind of corals/fishes are you going to add?

You're welcome, I plan on this being mainly an acro tank with 2 clowns like this:

s&r_black_davinci_clownfish.jpg

Still waiting on the breeder to raise the first batch and in the next few months they'll be in my tank!

Awesome clowns, how much would they be?

Not sure yet lol, less than the ORA ones usually go for it seems. I'll probably just end up going with 1 black and one regular "davinci"

I have always wanted fancy clowns, but I am not feeling it now, clownfish just die in my tank :(

Really? That's odd, I've seen clowns survive a near apocalypse haha

I grabbed some pics of the scape as it sits right now. I definitely like the right structure but I'm really unsure of the arch as I don't fully know how I'd use it. Also, can't wait for the rock to color up and hide that purple epoxy.

The small rock in the center is kind of placeholder for me as I really want to put a nice Efflo there and move the structures out of it's way as it plates out

Y35oi6Vl.jpg

uOdTeXql.jpgAnd

UgpmWr5l.jpg

And a top down view because why not?

sYasrvKl.jpg

Look what came in the mail

0WJroGhl.jpg

The black case is a really really nice touch

UpuD95tl.jpg

As for noise it's silent at lower speeds but I can hear it from where I sit in my living room at 50% I'm not worried yet as Ecotech Marine states there's a break in period but even then it's not that loud at all.

In lieu of a pump review here is a FTS of how the tank stands now. I did come cable management in back that no one will ever see (the cord on the left has been rerouted and it's invisible now). I'm also going to try to get the wetside's cord out of the way as well.

The second hole on the right panel will accommodate the cables for the storm controller which *should* be here in a couple of weeks.

HslZM7Bl.jpg

Didn't like it so I redid it to hide those two cables
9c7azbhl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Oh niceeeee !!! This build just keeps getting better and better,when is this thing getting cycled and stocked ?!

It's currently cycling and should be done as it's been going about a month now. I don't really test anymore as I can kind of tell by the looks of my tanks when they're ready but as far as stocking goes the MAX reef show in SoCal is going on this weekend and should be picking up some nice stuff and maybe some clowns.

Im digging that sump dude..I think Im gonna have to pick that up for my 12 long build..Awesome looking tank cant wait to see how this turns out.

Odyssey350kc

Very nice tank. Its a lot of work getting the sump to look nice and keeping all of those wires hidden, but it looks awesome!

Very nice set up!!! I'm following, plz keep update :)

Will do! I picked up this little guy among some really nice frags at MAX today, he's a Bali Aquarich Helmet Picasso

eivQ7s0.jpg

Im digging that sump dude..I think Im gonna have to pick that up for my 12 long build..Awesome looking tank cant wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks! The sump is really well built, you should totally go for it!

Very nice tank. Its a lot of work getting the sump to look nice and keeping all of those wires hidden, but it looks awesome!

Thanks! Yeah, it took a lot of squishing myself behind the tank to get it there it is now haha

Pictures?

-Dave

Will do! USPS wasn't nice to me today and it looks like the light will be here Monday. :(

Archived