Innovative Marine Aquariums

DS's Jebo R338 9G (RETIRED)

DurocShark

DurocShark

Order from SaltCritters came. Those green and orange Zoas opened almost immediately. Pretty cool.

v1d1wb8.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DurocShark

I've renamed the hermit crabs. Assholes #1 and #2 just wasn't working since I couldn't say their names around my daughter. ;)

Since they've been trying to mate (a red legged and a much smaller blue legged... huh) I've decided to start calling them John and Delenn. When they were fighting all the time I was about to name them G'Kar and Londo but the love hug they keep doing changed that.

Now to figure out which one is John (male) and which is Delenn (female).

Markburns43

On the left ? What did you get some sort of paly? ? Tanksmlooking nice tooo, can't stand my hermit he or she tramples my corals like literally goes out of his way tomwalk over my montisnwhich I'm sure are ok but when it messes with my birdsnest like perches right on top I can't help butnjust stare and wait for a crack or something to fall over. Pisses me off, I don't have kids so I call it a slew of names out loud daily

DurocShark

It was sold to me as a zoa. I've got a pic on my memory card, I'll upload it tomorrow.

DurocShark

Here they are, D3200 and the 85mm Micro handheld with strobe:

62b14Lk.jpg

Never noticed how hairy the appendages on my cleaner shrimp were.

h6xSUzp.jpg

I'm having a real hard time getting good shots through this tank's glass. Plus the D3200 is different enough from my old D80 that I'm having to re-learn a few things. But I'll get there. Now I need to sell my D80 to recoup some of the money I just spent. heh

Here's the pic of that zoa from the website that I bought it off:

jWMhujj.jpg

DurocShark

Found this orange thing growing in the middle of a zoa frag. I've had this frag for a while, but it's just now growing.

6lTkdLG.jpg

Also, discovered my phosphates have spiked to .07. Weird. I suspect SharkDaughter's been overfeeding. heh

DurocShark

New FTS:

WINtkFO.jpg

As you can see, Asshole #1 keeps knocking a monti off.

Here's the culprit:

qIlaCzr.jpg

DurocShark

Gots me some nem!

A purple (probably condy, but I'm not sure). Note to self: Turn off pumps before adding a floaty nem! Sigh...

3l7LV9Z.jpg

And two sexy shrimp! Here showing off their sexy bits:

cdwneA0.jpg

DurocShark

I added a UV Stunner to my Panorama Pro White/Blue.

WIth just the UV on, everything fluoresces nicely. With both on, can't see any difference. Huh.

I wanted more blue because I was thinking the Panorama Pro is kind of weak on the blue spectrum. I'm hoping to get my corals to color up more. I know that 395nm isn't exactly in the growth spectrum, but it's worth a shot.

We'll see. :)

RjTQpYB.jpg

DurocShark

I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee)

(Google it. Worst music video ever.)

I'm playing with lights. I added a blue Stunner, so now I have a Panorama Pro, a UV Stunner, and a Blue Stunner. These pics were taken with just the Blue and UV Stunners.

H0znSXu.jpg

IPEpSOM.jpg

pQh5vgq.jpg

I won't leave it that way, of course. Just enjoying the insane fluorescence.

DurocShark

DAMMIT!

Found a bunch of gigantic bubble algae in my pipe organ last night. I was on my way out and couldn't do anything with it. But tonight... grrr... At least the pipe organ is just on a rock so I can easily pull it out and attack those bastages.

On the good news front, my 5.5 and canister are running with treated tap water right now. No leaks, nice and quiet. Woot!

Markburns43

Jeez I love the new pictures and that nem is crazy, I wish I had a good little camera to mess around with, any inputmon something moderatetly good at taking a picture, nothing fancy either just to learn?

DurocShark

The camera I got was $279. The lens was pretty close to that too. Easily $600. Plus I already had Nikon gear, including a D80 that I sold off to help fund the new stuff. ;) (I know, the D3200 is consumer, and the D80 is prosumer. They're also nearly 10 years apart in tech.)

I have no recommendations for a macro capable rig other than spending a bunch. The body is the easy part, you can get good pics out of any modern DSLR. The lens is gonna be around $250 even used for a decent macro lens. No working around that. You can use diopters and extension tubes and whatever on cheaper lenses, but none of them will give you anything near the benefits of a proper modern macro lens.

Markburns43

Thank for the input so im basically looking at and investment for decent pictures at around 600 , my buddy has one , ill let him be the camera man lol until i can find something with in reason. Both your tanks are looking good the 70 tall with the columns is going to be stunning with coral :)

• 3 weeks later...

So this tank has been officially retired, as its contents were moved to the 70. The lights will be divided between the refugium and the 5.5. The glass box itself will be a QT tank.

Archived