SaltCritters.com

Chon's Fusion 10

chonathin

Chon's Fusion 10

So after starting my new 5 gallon spec, I made the decision to move everything to a Fusion 10 gallon. While I like the Spec, I love the Fusion so far. The build quality is pretty amazing for the price. Anyway, on to the tank!!

Equipment

Fusion 10 Gallon tank

Custom Stand

Stock Return Pump

InTank Media Basket

Pico Skim 2.0

DYI ATO with AVAST pump (awesome pump for ATO)

Vortech MP10 ES

Aqueon 50 watt Heater

Nano Box Tide

5/20/2015 FTS

031_zpsp2xzeebs.jpg

2/15/2015

IMG_2457_zpsgwygq62h.jpg

The stand definitely needed some beefing up!

IMG_2458_zps6n8rrhl9.jpg

Well, you sure didnt want that coming apart. :):welcome: to the IM 10 club!

Yeah I bought the cabinet because the weight rating was 140 lbs. Don't know how that is possible :rolleyes: . Better safe then sorry :D

I'm glad to be part of the club! I've been looking through all the build threads and I couldn't help but pick one up.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so the tank finally finished its cycle and all went well. Everything is now in and somewhat happy! Just ordered a MP 10 for the tank! The RW-4 is a nice little pump but I miss the Reef Crest mode of the MP 10. I also added a tiny Yellow Watchman Goby. The roommate saw him and promptly named him Fugly. :lol:

014_zpslxmlt7wx.jpg

Poor little Fugly, with such a name like that he will surely end up to be a problem child! Oh wait, mine is named Little Turd version 2.0, guess Fugly is going to have a great life because nothing can be as badly named as LT 2.0. B)

P.S. LT 1.0 croaked on me due to a stomach parasite hence the new designation, haha!

I want pics!! I freaking love YWG's. I kept pestering my LFS to get me one so they ordered 4, but the new guy sold them all before I could get there! :wacko:

da1001, I try to get pics of the guy but he's still very sneaky! My Mp10 arrived, and I have to say, its much better than the rw-4 that was in there. Even on the lowest setting it was too much flow. I forgot how much I love the Mp10 in Reef Crest. I have it at the 3rd setting and everyone loves it.

On another note, the stand I bought is just not living up to my standards. I can see where its starting to bow under the weight. So this morning my girlfriend and I decided to build a new stand. I'm still debating how to move the tank to its new home, which needs to be in the same spot as the old one.... anyway, on to some pics!

image11_zpssvn8wxxo.jpg

image21_zpsui9ti9ps.jpg

image31_zpsc8wsuvui.jpg

image4_zpse4mxpbqr.jpg

reefernanoman

Fugly in all his glory!!

081_zpsf0qb0lt7.jpg

071_zpswr2bkk0o.jpg

058_zps7gva5rj1.jpg

You are not going to believe me, but I ALSO have a YWMG! The tank looks amazing with your sexy light!

I love the rockwork!

da1001, I try to get pics of the guy but he's still very sneaky! My Mp10 arrived, and I have to say, its much better than the rw-4 that was in there. Even on the lowest setting it was too much flow. I forgot how much I love the Mp10 in Reef Crest. I have it at the 3rd setting and everyone loves it.

On another note, the stand I bought is just not living up to my standards. I can see where its starting to bow under the weight. So this morning my girlfriend and I decided to build a new stand. I'm still debating how to move the tank to its new home, which needs to be in the same spot as the old one.... anyway, on to some pics!

image11_zpssvn8wxxo.jpg

image21_zpsui9ti9ps.jpg

image31_zpsc8wsuvui.jpg

image4_zpse4mxpbqr.jpg

Great work!

So I guess that you gave up on the RW4? I also went back to my MP10wes after using a WP10 for about 5 months due to the smaller size, it is easier to clean, no heat transfer, no wire inside my tank and nothing beats the wireless controllability factor through my Apex from another room!

You are not going to believe me, but I ALSO have a YWMG! The tank looks amazing with your sexy light!

I love the rockwork!

Great work!

So I guess that you gave up on the RW4? I also went back to my MP10wes after using a WP10 for about 5 months due to the smaller size, it is easier to clean, no heat transfer, no wire inside my tank and nothing beats the wireless controllability factor through my Apex from another room!

HAHAHA! Yeah but your YWMG has two buddies!

Thanks for the kind words! Its greatly appreciated!!

Yeah I gave up on the RW4. Even on the lowest setting it was too much for everyone. Had to point it at the surface to tone it down.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I had to trade in my B&W clown, Darth Maul. He had become somewhat of an ass to the other inhabitants of the tank. Even the snails were getting bullied! I picked up a small Perc in hopes that he might do a little better. He already seems to be quite a bit calmer then the last one. Also picked up another acan... I have a obsession with them! :lol:

043_zps8dy0doau.jpg

036_zpsyny1g2xl.jpg

052_zps03veeyrv.jpg

Just found out why my Idaho Grape Monti hasn't been doing so well lately. Looks like I have a case of Black Bugs! <_< After closer inspection, my Seasons Greetings has a few of the guys on it. From all the reading I've done it looks like they only go after Monti

Awesome work on the stand. I'm going to attempt to build one for my Fusion 10 as well.

Thank you very much! Some things I would do differently next time. I way over built the stand. And i should have used a better grade of plywood to sheet it.

Shoot me a few of those photos! I would love to share.

-Dave

Will do!

I woke up this morning to my clown being eaten by a hermit crab. Not sure what happened.... tested immediately after pulling him out and everything is solid. Other inhabitants and misc coral all look good. Bummed :(

reefernanoman

Pay no mind to the hole that needs to be filled on the wall, that's where the last stand was anchored.

005_zpsf0up86ke.jpg

That stand is awesome! I wish I had the skills to do something like that!

I woke up this morning to my clown being eaten by a hermit crab. Not sure what happened.... tested immediately after pulling him out and everything is solid. Other inhabitants and misc coral all look good. Bummed :(

Man, sorry about your fish! Sometimes it's a mystery why fish die.

• 1 month later...

Archived