Innovative Marine Aquariums

Squared's Nano

Squared

tooks some more pics, so i can see the progress my coral are making:

DSCN3454_zps2e511706.jpg

DSCN3455_zpsc6bf4a34.jpg

For a little while I thought I was going to loose this favia colony, but after a few water changes it has puffed back up. You can see where it lost some tissue though.

DSCN3456_zps7c218563.jpg

Candy canes won't die, they just always seem to bounce back for me.

DSCN3457_zps75312473.jpg

For some reason one of my ricordea polyps decided to shrivel up and fade. Not sure why. Very little left of my zoas/polyps, and you can see the acan in the back with healthy polyps on the skeleton.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think i need any more rock, but i need to start gluing some stuff onto it.

anyway, not much has changed, but for the most part coral and fish look fantastic. bought some reef roids and will be trying that out to see if my coral will perk up more.

yeah thank goodness... when the tank crashed the second time i lost a regular red and green blasto, just shriveled up and died but this one came through for me. and its getting fatter every day.

• 2 months later...

been a while...things are really looking good right now. I am still having problems with zoas and palys (nothing new there), and I recently had 2 ricordea polyps shrivel up and disappear on me. Don't know why, I should really start testing again.

DSCN3471_zpsjt8f4lyp.jpg

DSCN3474_zpseypparr5.jpg

DSCN3475_zpsxtcopfr1.jpg

All the LPS look so FLUFFY, hence the new title. Debating whether to get a nice euphyllia on the top part of the tank or to try SPS again.

• 1 month later...

Thought the tank was looking pretty decent today...did a water change and cleaned the sand yesterday, so it's pretty clear. Some of the coral are still a little miffed though.

DSCN3546_zpspukgamfm.jpg

took some more pics

DSCN3549_zpskxohbluv.jpg

DSCN3559_zps9pgvgo0a.jpg

DSCN3558_zpsmvttxbvn.jpg

idk why but the halymenia is becoming transparent in some parts, hope it stops

Nice firefish!
Wow...that blasto looks GIANT! :o

I vote euphyllia, just cause if you want to do SPS later, euphyllia can be moved to other parts of the tank

if i do get something i think it will be an SPS, i'd be worried about the euphyllia stinging stuff. and the candy canes would be right next to it at the top. i guess i could make room, but I like the look of tank when everything is spaced apart nicely.

Archived