Innovative Marine Aquariums

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

• 2 weeks later...
CosmicCanine

Since my last post, my hellfire torch hasnt been open like it used to. it used to have lonngggg dramatic tentacles, now it only opens to about an inch and the tentacles are fat now instead of skinny, ive messed with lighting, ive checked params, ive changed flow, i just cant get him to be huge again, anyone know how i can influence him to go back? I know hes super healthy.

Where is everyone getting their euphyllia? I'm trying to find a variety of them but only see the same ones I have.

I would prefer buying frags of them so I can watch it grow.

righttirefire

My LFS had a new branching frog last weekend... I need a frog to round out my trifecta... but my torch is green with purple tips and my hammer is the pink/peach coloration... so a color variety might be difficult to find...

• Like 1

Where is everyone getting their euphyllia? I'm trying to find a variety of them but only see the same ones I have.

I would prefer buying frags of them so I can watch it grow.

Aqua sd

HarryPotter

I get mine from the LFS covered in brown goo for $5. Yeah, not everybody got the money for the fancy ultra colonies!

A nice clean quarantine and a few days with my trusty Radion brings em back in full splendor! (Or a week or two :) )

IMG_9828_zpssj6ydbkb.jpg

IMG_9901_zpsw7osp3jw.jpgIMG_9906_zpsykhejlgc.jpg

Ordered another hammer the past weekend. My first online order. Just got them in the tank a few mins ago. Hopefully they'll open soon. I also bought a little colony of Zoas and it seems to have some sort of euphyllia on it.

post-74998-0-96026300-1431613749_thumb.jpg

ChuckandHaleysCube

Figured I throw some pics in since I have a slight obsession with euphyllia family of corals.post-86446-0-07839200-1431619805_thumb.jpg

Torch and frogspawn.post-86446-0-81819300-1431619994_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the sideways photos my phone likes to upload to this site all wonky

• Like 2
CosmicCanine

My LFS had a new branching frog last weekend... I need a frog to round out my trifecta... but my torch is green with purple tips and my hammer is the pink/peach coloration... so a color variety might be difficult to find...

Show me a picture of that torch? Green with pinkish purple tips sounds like a todds to me...

Im in the process of setting up a 29!!! I even made a floating rock ledge to place my hellfire torch on! Im in love :wub:

Dont worry, ive been taking pictures, ill be starting a new build thread soon with tons and tons of picures!

righttirefire

I tried feeding my hammer a mysis shrimp... devoured! Anemone, took 2. Torch, won't do it. But the fish were happy as it let go of its snack.

Cameron Everard

Hello guys, I'm actually HuskyBoy. So, just letting you know if you wanna talk to HB just message or quote me haha. (just to clear confusion)

ParanoidObseshun

Here are some pictures of euphyllia I currently have and some I had in the past.

Torch with green and yellow streaks, yellow is hard to capture on camera.

IMG_2164_edited_zpsifiqbiv8.jpg

Three Octospawns, Solid neon green, solid purple, and green with orange tip.

IMG_2175_zpsgnjgq2c7.jpg

0224151844a_zpsj8prjgbh.jpg?143235050108

Old Top Down Shot

2-10-15TopDown_zpsb7cc0a19.jpg?143235050

Here is a current count of what I have in the tank:

Octospawns- 7 different color morphs

Frogspawns- 6

Hammers- 13

Torches- 4

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of euphyllia I currently have and some I had in the past.

Torch with green and yellow streaks, yellow is hard to capture on camera.

IMG_2164_edited_zpsifiqbiv8.jpg

Three Octospawns, Solid neon green, solid purple, and green with orange tip.

IMG_2175_zpsgnjgq2c7.jpg

0224151844a_zpsj8prjgbh.jpg?143235050108

Old Top Down Shot

2-10-15TopDown_zpsb7cc0a19.jpg?143235050

Here is a current count of what I have in the tank:

Octospawns- 7 different color morphs

Frogspawns- 6

Hammers- 13

Torches- 4

You got the whole club in your tank. :haha:

CosmicCanine

Does anyone have any leads to a todds torch? Im still looking for one!! LOL! Im NOT giving up!

By the way, check out my new tank! "Husky's Bigger nano"

HarryPotter

Does anyone have any leads to a todds torch? Im still looking for one!! LOL! Im NOT giving up!

UniqueCorals or ExtremeCorals have a TON of torches, although I'm not sure if those are what you are looking for.

What's so unique/special about a "Todds Torch"? I'm going to Google now :)