Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mixing RFAs and Maxi-Minis

GokesReef

Hey all! Quick question that I haven't been able to dig up an answer to.. I've seen plenty of RFA only or Maxi-Mini only gardens, but is there any issue keeping some of each in close proximity?

I'm assuming they're fine to mix, but I would like to hear some confirmation :) thanks!

I only have rock flower anemones and I have never mixed them with Maxi minis but I remember reefgardener told me a while ago that her minis killed some of her rock flower anemones. You should skip the minis and keep only RFAs. RFAs are way more beautiful than Maxi Minis for sure.

I only have rock flower anemones and I have never mixed them with Maxi minis but I remember reefgardener told me a while ago that her minis killed some of her rock flower anemones. You should skip the minis and keep only RFAs. RFAs are way more beautiful than Maxi Minis for sure.

And they're more beautiful. :wub:

Good deal thanks for the info everyone! I agree some of the new RFAs I'm seeing are pretty impressive so I'll probably go with a collection of them in the front/right of the tank in a nice mini atoll and if I happen across any particularly awesome maxis, they'll go on the other side.

IMG_1190.png

See what I'm saying? I think that area will look great with a handful of RFAs in there.. now to find a nice bundle somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

We currently have a dozen each in a 18 inch cube with no issues. Maxis on the left flowers on the right.

PROVE IT :rolleyes: !

PROVE IT :rolleyes: !

Yeah, I'd like to see the picture as well cuz I've not seen them be together but I'd still love to see, always, a pretty pic of colorful rock flowers.

We currently have a dozen each in a 18 inch cube with no issues. Maxis on the left flowers on the right.

Yeah, and just until those maxis decide to wander off. It will not be pretty because they will kill your rock flower anemones.

Yeah, and just until those maxis decide to wander off. It will not be pretty because they will kill your rock flower anemones.

Interestingly enough, this morning one of my RFAs had walked itself 1/2 way across my tank after staying put for nearly 3 weeks.. so.. apparently they get moody too!

Interestingly enough, this morning one of my RFAs had walked itself 1/2 way across my tank after staying put for nearly 3 weeks.. so.. apparently they get moody too!

It's rare but they do tend to wander off if not happy where you placed them.

I got my RFA from VIP Reefs yesterday and it's absolutely beautiful. Silver dollar size. I will for sure order more from VIP...Anyway, i put Annie "Tank center" yesterday and she seemed happy there but this morning she is all scrunched up on the far left side of the rockwork. Maybe she'll be back out in a few days. NOTE: Any idea on when to start feeding her and what are folks using?

20150310_135050_zpsb07eolfo.jpg

You can feed right away. Mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, a frozen mixed food like Larry's Reef Frenzy, coral food- switch it up but don't feed a heavy substance but like once a week. And getting multiples, like 3 or more will get you free shipping.

You can feed right away. Mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, a frozen mixed food like Larry's Reef Frenzy, coral food- switch it up but don't feed a heavy substance but like once a week. And getting multiples, like 3 or more will get you free shipping.

OH YEAH!!!

I want to get some mini mini's, and mini maxi's. I cannot seem to find any other rfa's. :(

Mini-mini carpet nems seem almost impossible to find. Reef Gardener normally has some maxi-mini carpet nems.

Mini-mini and Maxi-mini's aren't RFA's just so ya know :)

So an update.. I thought RFAs were supposed to stay put! After about a week each both of mine have started going on adventures.

At this rate they might be going on an adventure back to the LFS :) the Maxi Mini has been quite well behaved.

Mini-mini carpet nems seem almost impossible to find. Reef Gardener normally has some maxi-mini carpet nems.

Mini-mini and Maxi-mini's aren't RFA's just so ya know :)

I know. I have had all three (not all at once) but I have had all three. There should be mini mini's in this area, hopefully some people I knew still have their tanks that I gave some to.

Archived