Innovative Marine Aquariums

help please! white tipped anenome looking thing

jtp1992

Looks like the ball tips I have. The small colonial ball tips are relatively harmless. They grow to about the size of a quarter and create small colonies. I have about 3 or 4 so far. They don't bother anything. They prefer the low light areas. There are red shrooms right next to them and the only thing that bothered the shrooms was the one small aiptasia on the same rock.

Thanks for the help. I think I'll leave them for now and see what happens. Just worried that if I do they'll multiply to plague like proportions

don't be too worried, innocent till proven guilty and expect the best :)

Well im not 100% sure of what has happened but as far as I can tell the majority of them have disappeared. Coincidence or not, today I caught a glimpse of something moving in the rock. On closer inspection, I found a pretty small crab that must have hitchhiked in on the same rock.

From what I could see, its black with red eyes which automatically made me think 'BAD'. Am I right in thinking this?

Well im not 100% sure of what has happened but as far as I can tell the majority of them have disappeared. Coincidence or not, today I caught a glimpse of something moving in the rock. On closer inspection, I found a pretty small crab that must have hitchhiked in on the same rock.

From what I could see, its black with red eyes which automatically made me think 'BAD'. Am I right in thinking this?

Probably bad. If the claws have sharp points, then you know for sure.

lol he's probably fine if he's really small, if he's too small to damage anything how could he destroy things. But on a more cautious view crabs can be unpredictable and larger ones can be chaos to keep with corals. If you like him a little I'd recommend a separate pests tank, that way future nuisances don't have to be killed, crabs are also lots of fun in my experience, just not fun with sessile organisms.

At the moment, he has been staying in the rock I found him in and as far as I know he hasn't left the rock. I kind of want to leave him there if he hasn't done anything but don't know whether its just an incident waiting to happen

Plus its really hard to get a clear pic where he is right now. If I ever see him outside of the rock ill try to get him

I have about 6-8 of those in my tank. They don't bother anything and I've never seen them move around. I like how the look under my blues as well so I never really thought about getting rid of them.

At the moment, he has been staying in the rock I found him in and as far as I know he hasn't left the rock. I kind of want to leave him there if he hasn't done anything but don't know whether its just an incident waiting to happen

Plus its really hard to get a clear pic where he is right now. If I ever see him outside of the rock ill try to get him

innocent till proven guilty.

He's a pretty thing anyways

Archived