inTank Media Baskets

monkdaily's mr. aqua 17.1g New SPS pack!

monkdaily

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice- you'll love em - great personality ?

That's why I got em everyone says the same thing. He's crammed in the rock right now hanging like a vampire I can't for him to come out and start exploring!
  • 3 weeks later...

So I went to Austin two weekends ago and got a jbj ATO before I left and I have to say best investment so far! Partied for 3 days busted ass at work for a week. Then this past weekend partied for another 3 days and am just getting back to normal. I'm turning 30 this summer and I gotta say I'm getting too old for this s***. I am so happy how things are coming along. Everything has made the transition some tissue necrosis but nothing wild and everything is healing and coloring up wonderfully. I'm editing some pics and will try and post later tonight

Sk8n Reefer

So I went to Austin two weekends ago and got a jbj ATO before I left and I have to say best investment so far! Partied for 3 days busted ass at work for a week. Then this past weekend partied for another 3 days and am just getting back to normal. I'm turning 30 this summer and I gotta say I'm getting too old for this s***. I am so happy how things are coming along. Everything has made the transition some tissue necrosis but nothing wild and everything is healing and coloring up wonderfully. I'm editing some pics and will try and post later tonight

Awesome! 30- what a pup- hahaha stay active man- that's the key. What size reservoir do you have the ATO hooked up to? Do you have an automatic feeder ? Might be a good thing for when your away- gotta take care of that awesome Tailspot . Glad the tank is doing well- looking forward to the new pics

Awesome! 30- what a pup- hahaha stay active man- that's the key. What size reservoir do you have the ATO hooked up to? Do you have an automatic feeder ? Might be a good thing for when your away- gotta take care of that awesome Tailspot . Glad the tank is doing well- looking forward to the new pics

Haha dood i'd pick my deck up again but one broken elbow and hand was about all I could handle. I have my ato hooked up to my 5g jug put a hole in the air bleeder and ran a air line tube and rubber banded it to some 1/2 in vinyl tube to keep it on the bottom. The tailspot is fat and health as can be. Its him 4 crabs and 2 snails so he doesn't have much competition for grub.

20150407_001330.jpg

20150407_002400.jpg

Still trying to edit some pics so maybe tomorrow. I'm not too good with the camera just picked it up as another hobby

Sk8n Reefer

Haha dood i'd pick my deck up again but one broken elbow and hand was about all I could handle. I have my ato hooked up to my 5g jug put a hole in the air bleeder and ran a air line tube and rubber banded it to some 1/2 in vinyl tube to keep it on the bottom. The tailspot is fat and health as can be. Its him 4 crabs and 2 snails so he doesn't have much competition for grub.20150407_001330.jpg20150407_002400.jpg

Still trying to edit some pics so maybe tomorrow. I'm not too good with the camera just picked it up as another hobby

Very nice ATO container- how long does that last you-2weeks? Cool on the Tailspot! Picked up your old board-awesome! Are there any sk8 parks by you? Ya, I hear you on the broken bones - I have a whole laundry list of broken bones. Snapped a few ribs last year- that wasn't fun- but I hit the big 50 this year- whew

So took some more pics today. Its just a nikon d5100 with a kit lens. I've never had a dslr so I suck but I'm learning. I also have Lightroom so I'm learning to edit a little. The first 5 came out some what decent. The next 4 are a little over edited I'll have to remember to zoom and crop first and turn down my iso to 100 so maybe another round this weekend anyway her are some pics.

This is my favorite pic of the bunch it's pretty much 100% what it looks like in tank

april%208th%20edits%201%20of%209.jpg

PREs the only zoa/palys in the tank and they are freaking huge

april%208th%20edits%202%20of%209.jpg

Candlelight Acro. Can't get the yellow tips to show up properly but when it grows out its the brightest thing in the tank

april%208th%20edits%204%20of%209.jpg

Jedi mind trick monti. I swear this is the most finicky thing in the tank

april%208th%20edits%205%20of%209.jpg

No these are a few over corrected chalices. But oh well

Pink Watermelon

april%208th%20edits%206%20of%209.jpg

Watermelon

april%208th%20edits%207%20of%209.jpg

BGM

april%208th%20edits%208%20of%209.jpg

I saved a few for next shoot hopefully I can improve my skills

Nice - that top Acro is sweet- all off em looking good. Everyone seems happy ?

It is sweet man I can't wait for it to grow up its purple/blue with yellow polyps and this iridescent yellow/green where it's encrusting

So we had a little frag show around these parts this weekend. I snagged a anti venom favia with 8 eyes for 40 bucks. That's the only thing I could get my hands on so I snapped of few pics and got some bonus top down. So on with the show.

april%2012th%20edits%209%20of%209.jpg

april%2012th%20edits%204%20of%209.jpg

april%2012th%20edits%203%20of%209.jpg

Top down of unknown acro

april%2012th%20edits%208%20of%209.jpg

Boring top down of coloring up pearlberry

april%2012th%20edits%207%20of%209.jpg

Top down of candlelight acro, bonus tierra de fuego, bonus green with purple rim purple rim pachyseris it's a stunner also

april%2012th%20edits%206%20of%209.jpg

Snipersps red sunset

april%2012th%20edits%202%20of%209.jpg

This is another unidentified acro. I think it may be mother of pearl, from pics I've seen. I just like the green shimmer it had and it looks better every day.

april%2012th%20edits%201%20of%209.jpg

Another angle

april%2012th%20edits%205%20of%209.jpg

Sk8n Reefer

Tanks coming along really well. How do you like your filter compartment you design? With all those sps- are you considering a doser yet?

Tanks coming along really well. How do you like your filter compartment you design? With all those sps- are you considering a doser yet?

I relly am happy with it. Its a peninsula and on the counter/bar in my apartment. I don't have a stand or sump so it keeps the display open and clutter free which I love. The only thing I am thinking about doing it taking out my media basket and just going with a GFO reactor, but then I don't know what to do with the carbon and purigen. And I do two 1 gallon water changes a day and test and dose 3 times a week it's not really a chore for me to dose and I enjoy doing it so no plans right now. I like being physically involved with the tank. I already added a jbj ato and that really has spoiled me but I can't really imagine doing nothing to the tank but watching
Sk8n Reefer

I relly am happy with it. Its a peninsula and on the counter/bar in my apartment. I don't have a stand or sump so it keeps the display open and clutter free which I love. The only thing I am thinking about doing it taking out my media basket and just going with a GFO reactor, but then I don't know what to do with the carbon and purigen. And I do two 1 gallon water changes a day and test and dose 3 times a week it's not really a chore for me to dose and I enjoy doing it so no plans right now. I like being physically involved with the tank. I already added a jbj ato and that really has spoiled me but I can't really imagine doing nothing to the tank but watching

Sounds like a solid plan- I know what you mean about being physically involved - my doser has really taken that away. I know it is keeping thing stable better but I do like to be hands on too. You can run GFO and carbon together - just separate them with sponges. I like my little I'm desk top- does a nice job!

Sounds like a solid plan- I know what you mean about being physically involved - my doser has really taken that away. I know it is keeping thing stable better but I do like to be hands on too. You can run GFO and carbon together - just separate them with sponges. I like my little I'm desk top- does a nice job!

That's what I want.I never got one for the reason of having 2 reactors one for GFO and one for carbon. I didn't know you could do that. I guess I'm back on the hunt again. How did you do it?
Sk8n Reefer

That's what I want.I never got one for the reason of having 2 reactors one for GFO and one for carbon. I didn't know you could do that. I guess I'm back on the hunt again. How did you do it?

Place a sponge at the bottom and put in your GFO. Then rinse it with RODI water. Place another sponge about 3-4 inches from the top and place your carbon. GENTLY rinse again- trying not to dislodge the 2nd sponge. Then place another sponge on your carbon and place the top. You want space between your GFO and sponges so it has room to tumble. Your carbon you want to have it sandwhiched between the sponges. Then I turn the reactor every few days to distribute the water flow differently - GFO works best if it's tumbled. You don't need much- I use about 3 teaspoons of it and 3 teaspoons of the carbon. I run GFO for about a week or two - then remove it. Take a week off and access. I've been cutting back on carbon a little also. I got an upgraded Sicce little pump also for the reactor- great pumps strong and quiet.

Place a sponge at the bottom and put in your GFO. Then rinse it with RODI water. Place another sponge about 3-4 inches from the top and place your carbon. GENTLY rinse again- trying not to dislodge the 2nd sponge. Then place another sponge on your carbon and place the top. You want space between your GFO and sponges so it has room to tumble. Your carbon you want to have it sandwhiched between the sponges. Then I turn the reactor every few days to distribute the water flow differently - GFO works best if it's tumbled. You don't need much- I use about 3 teaspoons of it and 3 teaspoons of the carbon. I run GFO for about a week or two - then remove it. Take a week off and access. I've been cutting back on carbon a little also. I got an upgraded Sicce little pump also for the reactor- great pumps strong and quiet.

That's exactly what I needed to know man. What sicce did you upgrade to. I would think any sicce would blow the top off the reactor.
Sk8n Reefer

That's exactly what I needed to know man. What sicce did you upgrade to. I would think any sicce would blow the top off the reactor.

They have a mini- that's is slightly more gph than what the reactor comes with

lilmatty5dimes

Wow. This tank is awesome. Love the DIY wall. It looks pretty professional to me. Wish I would have done this instead of the nuvo 16. That pearlberry looks great. Makes me wish I still had mine. Following along.

Wow. This tank is awesome. Love the DIY wall. It looks pretty professional to me. Wish I would have done this instead of the nuvo 16. That pearlberry looks great. Makes me wish I still had mine. Following along.

My original plan was to buy the nuvo 16 because I wanted one so bad! After all the reviews of them cracking and me living in an apartment I just couldn't risk it. So the next plan was to actually knock off the design in my mr aqua. Then I realized I cam do whatever I want and went with the bigger display volume. I love the pearlberry (that I see in pics) but I have had the hardest time getting it to color up. Thanks for following!
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice! I really like this reactor

I've been waiting for one to come up on my local forum for a while but it just never happened. So far so good!!

Early morning sps pack. Strawberry lemonade, flower petal monti, snowcone prostrata, Joe rainbow, and one unknown I am trying to get in contact with the guy I got it from right now (rainbow mille). My lights aren't even on yet so pics later on today hang tight!!

Blurry free standing tyree flower petal

april%2026th%20edits%204%20of%205.jpg

snowcone prostrata not the best pic. Hopfully I can get a better on in the next day or two

april%2026th%20edits%203%20of%205.jpg

Tyree pink lemonade the classic you know

april%2026th%20edits%202%20of%205.jpg

Rainbow millepora. This thing is so freaking sick and clearly needs zero time to color up. 100% the star of the tank right now.

april%2026th%20edits%201%20of%205.jpg

april%2026th%20edits%205%20of%205.jpg

Didn't get a good pic of the Joe's rainbow today so hopefully I can some of that in the next couple of days also.

Archived