ReefCleaners.org

monkdaily's mr. aqua 17.1g New SPS pack!

monkdaily

Just had an idea about mounting problem and wanted to run it by you knowledgeable folks. I live in an apartment so as you know that means absolutely no drilling for a mount. Currently I have the old DIY PVC mount but with this new upgrade I really want a way sleeker look. So how's this for genius?...... Two AI Nano mounting arms one for each side of the sol mounted to the side of the tank like the nano? Ideas? Would it work? Has it been done before?

It could work- depending on where the sol mounts are placed? Is the mount in the middle or the side- if it's the middle I am sure you could attach a bracket that would allow for you attach on the side

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright so I finally got my false wall yesterday. Things have been delayed around here by about a week or so due to our crazy winter weather. So this morning I got my wall siliconed. And amazon notified me that my cobalt mj1200, IM spin stream, and 1/2 inch bulkhead kit will be here tomorrow. The only other thing I am waiting on now is for my lfs to get my rw-4 and I ready to go.

So here is the silicone I used. First time ever doing this so it was harder than expected but not so hard I would never do it again.

20150304_152947.jpg

Top down

20150304_152828.jpg

The "brace"

20150304_152813.jpg

The back side

20150304_152740.jpg

So last night was the transfer day. I didn't get done till pretty late in the night so here are some cell phone shots. I have a nikon d5100 but I only have a kit lens and can't figure out how to shoot the tank. It's so frustrating having an actual camera and it takes the same pics as a phone. Anyway here are some pics

20150307_165224.jpg

20150307_163522.jpg

20150307_163338.jpg

20150307_163112.jpg

20150307_163048.jpg

What was the price of the the back wall?

I don't know the exact dimensions because I had it made ($35) and it has rounded edges. It's like 11 1/4 x 14 with 4in baffles (wall to glass)

Very cool! Gonna be a great build?

I appreciate it man. I spent a lot of time looking through your build for the inspiration.

So to day is the second day after the transfer. Just about everything survived the only one I have a question about is the pearlberry. Again though only time will tell on that one it just looks like it may a bit long for it to get settled in.

Sk8n Reefer

I appreciate it man. I spent a lot of time looking through your build for the inspiration.

So to day is the second day after the transfer. Just about everything survived the only one I have a question about is the pearlberry. Again though only time will tell on that one it just looks like it may a bit long for it to get settled in.

I did know you had a pearlberry- did I ?? They are a beautiful coral- my lfs has a few frags from time to time from heir display but their in the $70-90 range and their really small.

Yeah I am lucky enough to have a pretty large reef community here in DFW. I think I got for like 35 bucks from a local reefer and he tossed in a freebie. Like most of my stuff I get them from reefers

So I've been having a problem with my mj1200. It will suck my return chamber dry in the matter of seconds and was also way louder than expected. So yesterday I went out and got a rio 800. Big mistake it was even louder. The only good thing is it came with a choke. So I added a 1/4 inch of tubing then the choke then more tube up to the bulkhead. Bam problem solved! Now I can keep water in the return chamber and enjoy the tank in near silence. I just need to let the display and chambers level out so I can mark my water level and I will be good to go. So far so good and I could not be happier with my decision. Thanks for looking fool!

20150308_214343.jpg

Had a break through today. As me and the lady got home from eating at her parent house I'm carrying a sack full of leftovers and she has milk. As soon as we walk through the door she wings the milk at me and sits in front of the tank ?. she fought me tooth and nail to start the 5.5g. And now I can't get her away from the tank. I said you like looking at the tank and she gave me the dirtiest look and said yes!! Now she gives me all kinds of advice, this coral needs to go here, this color would look better here, he's not getting enough flow there, now we need a fish. So I guess tomorrow is fish shopping day

Sk8n Reefer

Had a break through today. As me and the lady got home from eating at her parent house I'm carrying a sack full of leftovers and she has milk. As soon as we walk through the door she wings the milk at me and sits in front of the tank . she fought me tooth and nail to start the 5.5g. And now I can't get her away from the tank. I said you like looking at the tank and she gave me the dirtiest look and said yes!! Now she gives me all kinds of advice, this coral needs to go here, this color would look better here, he's not getting enough flow there, now we need a fish. So I guess tomorrow is fish shopping day

Hahaha- that's hilarious

Dude today I was tank watching and she said move its my tank now! Its pretty awesome though! We still haven't quite find a fish to settle on yet. She really wants some kind of black snowflake clownfish and nem although I'm trying to steer her away from the nem I'm down with the fish. I haven't found what I want to settle on yet I really want a helfrichi firefish pair or a flaming prawn goby. Still waiting on something perfect. Going from this 20150309_214059.jpg

To this

20150309_214111.jpg

I think a unicorn tang might fit perfectly!! ??

Please send me the info of this acrylic guy.. He did a bang up job!

His name is Marc from Melev's Reef he is local here in Ft. Worth he let me bring my tank over for precise measurements and everything he polished and rounded all the edges I'd go back for anything I need. Let him know David with the mr aqua peninsula sent you.

I got a bit bored tonight so I snapped a few pics. It's a nikon d5100 and these were taken under the moonlights so I had to edit them a bit. First try at photos and editing so be nice.

Pink watermelon chalice/possible bazooka joe

DSC_0134.jpg

Tyree watermelon

DSC_0135.jpg

BGM

DSC_0136.jpg

Rainbow Delight but my LFS has had it for like 5 years so it's just a goldeneye

DSC_0143.jpg

Avatar chalice/Tyree LE Robokaki but again my LFS HAS had it for A few years and just just call it a Robokaki

DSC_0144.jpg

Miami Hurricane Chalice

DSC_0131.jpg

Finally got a rw4. It is so compact and dead silent I love it already. Still messing around with the setting. I've never owned any kind of wavemaker before so dialing it in may take a day or two. If anyone has any experience with it can send me in a direction with I m open to suggestions

20150316_140838.jpg

20150316_140912.jpg

20150316_155733_1.jpg

CronicReefer

I really like your chalices, they are some of my favorite corals. The first one in those pictues you have looks very similar to my WWC Blazin' Blue chalice under actinics (mine has a more pronounced yellow rim and slightly less blue so may not be the same). I like W-1 Mode on the RW-4, if you get it dialed in correctly it will create some nice wave action plus it also the least violent of the settings imo.

I really like your chalices, they are some of my favorite corals. The first one in those pictues you have looks very similar to my WWC Blazin' Blue chalice under actinics (mine has a more pronounced yellow rim and slightly less blue so may not be the same). I like W-1 Mode on the RW-4, if you get it dialed in correctly it will create some nice wave action plus it also the least violent of the settings imo.

From what I see they actually look almost identical coloration wise. The only difference I see is mine has eyes that are like pimples/nipples and the WWC has disk like eyes like a Miami Hurricane

Archived