SaltCritters.com

FishI's 20 Gallon Tall Tank

FishI

Make it big enough to hold a 40B... you know just in case

Absolutely!!! I have been very busy at work. I need to look at some more diy tank stands.

I want a way for when the tank or sump over flows it will have a place to go in the stand. Like a drip pan of some kind and a small lip around the inside where the sump is and around the tank so water will pour down into the sump etc....

righttirefire

Like a drip pan of some kind and a small lip around the inside where the sump is and around the tank so water will pour down into the sump etc....

Now that's the idea I've been looking for. That'd be prefect. I almost put a trim lip around the top of my stand. But the 20 Long will be to the edge.

Now that's the idea I've been looking for. That'd be prefect. I almost put a trim lip around the top of my stand. But the 20 Long will be to the edge.

Yeah. I think it will help me sleep better at night. Most of the leaks I have had so far would have been totally fine if I did this earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

Holding off on the stand build for a while. I'm running out of time and would end up rushing it before the move. Which would end up looking like crap so....

I did place an order for a reef angel controller. I'm so pumped.

• 1 month later...

Reef angel is setup. Although I need the WiFi module.

Also found someone giving a way a 20 with coral a clownfish 2 green chromise and a bangal cardinal. Couple pieces of coral and diy led light.

I am going to mix and match the tanks together. I am super pumped. I picked it up last night and have both tanks setup for the moment.

Below is a quick pick of the new tank.

20150529_220958_zpswlwt29ya.jpg

righttirefire

Send them to Oregon I'll babysit the tanks for you... I'll pass 9th the drywall. .. thinking about moving I august

Send them to Oregon I'll babysit the tanks for you... I'll pass 9th the drywall. .. thinking about moving I august

The fish tank is the only thing that makes me sane between the renovations and the job.

Everyone seems pretty happy. My OG clown fish seems to chase the chromis a little bit but they are way faster. He likes the auto feeder and claims that corner as his. However, when the food drops he is too busy eating to chase them away. He doesn't care about the cardinal fish.

• 3 months later...

Hello, Its been awhile since i updated. The is doing well. Still haven't built the stand. I went to St Louis for a month for work. I setup a webcam and had my brother in law watch the tank. He did a great job no losses etc... phew! I took some pics today. I redid my aqua scape when I got back. Let me know what you think!

I did a bone head move last. After I cam home late from a company party I turned my rodi on to make some auto top off water. I then promptly went to bed.

P9102781.ORF_zpsjz97emjg.jpg

P9102768.ORF_zpsm39hz6kj.jpg

P9102745.ORF_zpsigyd8eey.jpg

P9102771.ORF_zpsaeps3hum.jpg

• 1 month later...

I pulled my two little fishes nano magnet out to get some sand off it. It basically fell apart in my hands. I noticed a tin of rust etc.... I guess you shouldn't keep those in the tank. Oh well. I will probably order another. It was an awesome magnet.

magnet_zpsnxnkk2la.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived