inTank Media Baskets

Stocking ideas

Haberdashery

What all do you have in it already? Live rock, filtration, etc?

I have a ten gallon and im doing a pair of ocellaris clowns, cc starfish, and a coral banded shrimp to give you an idea. But really most inverts, gobies, cardinalfish, damsels, and clownfish should be ok. Just keep it under 2 fish

I have 10kg of live rock and 9kg of live sand. Took a water sample to the LFS today and they said the water was pretty spot on but phosphates were a bit high but water changes should sort that and I had some nitrate so I guess that means it's cycled? came home done a huge water change and took the rock out and slooshed it in fresh water to remove any dead/decaying food that was left from my last fish and removed bubble algae that was growing and re arranged the rock so it's sitting right on the back wall meaning water will circulate better. I think I found a clam when I was re arranging my rock! aha, not sure though. ive attached a photo, Dunno how well you can see but it looked like it when it was out of the water. :) Dunno what kind of filter i have really its one built into the tank its got a huge carbon filtration bit and a white and black filter cartridge set thing with balls inside. i added a nitrate removal sponge i found in a store just to stop any particles getting through and stuck in the carbon filter, means i dont need to change/clean it as often and theres a pump to keep the water flowing, might get another small oe though to get more surface movement. I have a space in the filtration area so I might get a mini protein skimmer to slot in aswell. :)

hopefully im doing everything right this time. not sure when i should add fish though, was gonna leave it a week maybe add a few snails/crabs see how they get on then get some fish a few weeks after. :)

I had two clownfish before but unfortunately they died, but thanks to people on here ive recycled the tank and everythings looking up :)

I like the look of Ghost gobies might get one of them and something else to add colour. who knows. i love clown gobies, theyre so wackyy aha

Clam? : http://oi58.tinypic.com/16rihg.jpg

Oooh~ Interesting. I'll need to keep an eye on it see if it moves :)

Oooh~ Interesting. I'll need to keep an eye on it see if it moves :)

I used to have the same size tank. Kept a Yellow Clown Goby and Clownfish. they are both fantastic fish, neither minded the tank size.

I can't recommend Clown Gobies enough. They are really cute, and very personable. You could 'pat' mine. Put your hand in the tank and it would swim up against it or perch on it

Aw! That sounds lovely! I was looking at fish suited for tanks under 10 gallons and thought clown gobies looked interesting then I seen one in the LFS and was so shocked at how tiny he was aha :) I'd like to have 3 fish I have no idea why. 3 just feels like the right number. If I could have 3 id get a clown goby, firefish and a clownfish. Though, I did like my clownfish pair. hmm. maybe i'll just go down to the store and see what little fish takes my fancy :)

I just want some friendly little fish to greet me when I come home. not wanting anything skittish that'll hide away all the time

Clownfish, firefish, and clown goby sounds like a great idea! I seriously doubt the goby will add much to the bio load...you could also check out a court jester goby, he would also help clean the tank :)

Add the clownfish last if you do firefish/clown goby/clownfish in a small nano and you should be fine.

If you add the clownfish before the firefish the firefish may end up hiding all the time.

Bioload shouldn't be an issue. Clown Gobies probably add the same as a shrimp or snail haha

Im ordering fish today and i might honestly copy and get a clownfish and clown goby! And then if all goes well i might order the firefish or rainsford goby. Im super excited lol

• 1 month later...
Haberdashery

Havnt been on in a while but thanks for all the suggestions! I got two clownfish yesterday a black one and an orange one

ive also got a shrimp, 2 hermits, 2 snails, and a pom pom crab might be getting an emerald crab on tuesday.

I feel like ive got a LOTTT of stuff in the tank with it being 55litres but as the clownfish grow im planning to get a bigger one.

my mums insisting i get another fish so a clown goby might be perfect but since ive added the clownfish first i dont want him to be bullied and want to hide a lot. my mum likes pajama cardinals but i think the sign said they can be a risk to small fish?

court jester gobys look very cute! i love the colours and the fact he'd help clean up sounds awesome :)

any thoughts on what ive said? :)

Archived