Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jedi Mind Trick Montipora backwall?

pal

Yep - any encrusting coral of any sort will work for a backdrop. Additionally, cyphastrea, chalices, leptastrea, zoas, GSP, and a bunch of others will work for a back wall too - so you can mix it up.

A backdrop of a bunch of differnt types of encrusting montis would be really cool.

Mr. Microscope

It's doable, but it's all up to personal taste. It will encrust around the plug or whatever it's mounted on and then grow onto your back wall from there. In short, you'll eventually have a wall of monti with a buldge or perfect circle from the frag plug sticking out of it. Personally, I'd avoid it.

•  

It's doable, but it's all up to personal taste. It will encrust around the plug or whatever it's mounted on and then grow onto your back wall from there. In short, you'll eventually have a wall of monti with a buldge or perfect circle from the frag plug sticking out of it. Personally, I'd avoid it.

good point I think I will try to peel it off plug and just glue. Hey I see you are from Evanston I am in Elgin,, Have you heard the radio ads for oak park pet and fish on Wgn? they are hilarious, I was going to share them on here but can not find them online.
LebaneseDlight

Seems like lighting it parallel with the back wall would be an issue. And then it starts taking over the overflow, etc. I dunno - sounds better in theory?

• 1 month later...

Archived