Top Shelf Aquatics

BAD TIME OF YEAR ?

aviator300

I'm new to macroalgae and have been trying to locate Red Dragons Breath to no avail.

Is it a bad time of year to find this?

Anyone have any ideas?

My LFS has a ton. I can check on the price and charge you what I pay + shipping if you want. PM me as I am going there today if your interested and can ship tomorrow.

Sure! How much do you want?

I feel stupid but why would people want Bryopsis? Isn't that like a superbad pest? Or is is also really good Aplysia and Elysia food?

About the topic in general, I think that if macro was consistently aquacultured, there would be no "good" or "bad" season. I would say maybe wait until spring and the sunshine returns in full strength, and more wild macros are up for collecting (check the website http://www.live-plants.com),or snoop around local LFSs, because I've noticed that many have some nice macros that are just sitting around in the DTs.

I feel stupid but why would people want Bryopsis? Isn't that like a superbad pest? Or is is also really good Aplysia and Elysia food?

About the topic in general, I think that if macro was consistently aquacultured, there would be no "good" or "bad" season. I would say maybe wait until spring and the sunshine returns in full strength, and more wild macros are up for collecting (check the website http://www.live-plants.com),or snoop around local LFSs, because I've noticed that many have some nice macros that are just sitting around in the DTs.

The Bryopsis is a joke.

The Bryopsis is a joke.

Now I really feel stupid. Oh. Well then. :blink::eek:

Buuuuuut......I have heard that it actually does feed the lettuce nudibranchs and sea hares pretty well, so maybe it could actually be used for culturing those? (trying to redeem myself through lame reasoning :D )

your reasoning is very fair. I could not find anything new when I went there yesterday. Just the C. brachypus.

I used to have a vareity of clauptra, proliferus and a few red things.

I'm new to macroalgae and have been trying to locate Red Dragons Breath to no avail.

Is it a bad time of year to find this?

If it's wild collected, I could see the time of the year being a reason, but in my tanks grows well year round. I just sold a giant Tupperware container full of Dragon's Breath to my LFS.

Archived