Cultivated Reef

Smith's Fusion 10: New fish!

Smithjm5

Hello Everyone :happy:

Due to not being able to finish setting up my 65 Gallon tank anymore I decided to drink the koolaid and set up a Fusion 10 since everyone seems to be loving them so much! I haven't gotten the tank yet but should be by the end of the week. Here's a little list of what equipment I plan on using.

Equipment

Nuvo 10

Nanobox Tide

Cobalt 50watt heater

Smart ato micro

FTS: 3/1/2015

16066071023_368a8e993b_c.jpg

Here's where it's going to go :D

16309858239_479e9ea98c.jpg16495125842_3ef8193331.jpg

Also went ahead and ordered 12 pounds of BRS reef saver rock and an intank media basket! should be here later this week!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niiiiice. Better stuff than I got already, keep up the good work and good luck! B)

Yours however has water in it lol, so I'm jealous! But thanks!

Yours however has water in it lol, so I'm jealous! But thanks!

I don't consider it a true reef in a box until I have fish in it though....crabs and snails don't count! ;)

Can't wait to see more :)

Thanks man, me either! I'm going to my LFS tomorrow to see about the tank. They have them in stock but they said they only have the kits with the light, so I'm going to see if I can talk them into just selling me the tank without the light haha!

Still no tank because I had to end up ordering one from Marinedepot, but I got my rock in from BRS and my media basket from Steve. Really happy with the rock pieces I got. Lots of possibilities B)

16333980320_5a4b368a05.jpg16495434816_413c45106d.jpg

Water bottle for size comparison

16333738888_493183a5c7_c.jpg

You gotta tell/show me how the hell that little bracket peice works with the inTank media basket. I couldn't figure it out and I'm too scared Steve would yell at me if I asked.

You gotta tell/show me how the hell that little bracket peice works with the inTank media basket. I couldn't figure it out and I'm too scared Steve would yell at me if I asked.

When you put your media basket in, there is a 3/4" space behind it at the rear of the chamber that the bracket fits in to hold your basket at the front of the chamber so the water flows into it properly. Also, if the media basket is empty and/or only has filter floss in it such as when you are running your beginning cycle, the bracket keeps the basket from floating up in the water column haha.

When you put your media basket in, there is a 3/4" space behind it at the rear of the chamber that the bracket fits in to hold your basket at the front of the chamber so the water flows into it properly. Also, if the media basket is empty and/or only has filter floss in it such as when you are running your beginning cycle, the bracket keeps the basket from floating up in the water column haha.

Mine must have been too short or something because there is definitely more space than the bracket can fill. I ended up using a plastic piece that fit snugly. Damn you inTank! :P

Mine must have been too short or something because there is definitely more space than the bracket can fill. I ended up using a plastic piece that fit snugly. Damn you inTank! :P

Lol I had no idea what it was for either, Jordan why don't you have a thread for your fusion?! I wanna see it!

Lol I had no idea what it was for either, Jordan why don't you have a thread for your fusion?! I wanna see it!

Soon hopefully. My tank looks like frag city and I would hate to post that! I'm still feeling a lot of things out but will keep you posted ;)

Soon hopefully. My tank looks like frag city and I would hate to post that! I'm still feeling a lot of things out but will keep you posted ;)

Sounds good, look forward to it!

So my tank was supposed to arrive today but due to the snow it was pushed to tomorrow :angry: But that's fine because I didn't have my sand yet anyway. That's what I was wanting opinions on, I plan on ordering one of the Mp10 Quiet drives so the flow will get cranked pretty well, if any of you are running a mp10 in your fusion what sand did you go with? I don't want it blowing around everywhere....I'm thinking about going with a crushed coral.

I may or may not have one coming my way very soon B)

Mr Secretive over here! good stuff man, im excited for your tank. Did you ever get to sell the ADA 60-f?

Mr Secretive over here! good stuff man, im excited for your tank. Did you ever get to sell the ADA 60-f?

Lol, I am too haha! I actually did, a guy here on the forum that lives close by bought it and my canister and lilly pipes about a week ago.

Sounds good, look forward to it!

So my tank was supposed to arrive today but due to the snow it was pushed to tomorrow :angry: But that's fine because I didn't have my sand yet anyway. That's what I was wanting opinions on, I plan on ordering one of the Mp10 Quiet drives so the flow will get cranked pretty well, if any of you are running a mp10 in your fusion what sand did you go with? I don't want it blowing around everywhere....I'm thinking about going with a crushed coral.

I run an MP10 on Lagoonal mode at power level 4. I use the Tropic Eden Miniflakes. It doesn't blow around unless my MP10 is mounted very close to the water level, then the undertow creates some movement on the sand bed. If it is mounted a bit higher than the middle of the tank there are no issues :)

I prefer the smaller grains personally, but I would think oolite or the Tropic Eden Aragasnow would definitely blow around. I don't really need to run super high power with my MP10, but if your planning SPS only, I would say maybe something a smidge larger size?

reefernanoman

Hello Everyone :happy:

Due to not being able to finish setting up my 65 Gallon tank anymore I decided to drink the koolaid and set up a Fusion 10 since everyone seems to be loving them so much! I haven't gotten the tank yet but should be by the end of the week. Here's a little list of what equipment I plan on using.

Equipment

Nuvo 10

Nanobox mini or Kessil 160 (Haven't decided)

Mp-10 if needed

Cobalt 50watt heater

Tunze Nano Osmo ATO

Here's where it's going to go :D

16309858239_479e9ea98c.jpg16495125842_3ef8193331.jpg

Also went ahead and ordered 12 pounds of BRS reef saver rock and an intank media basket! should be here later this week!

What stand is that?

I run an MP10 on Lagoonal mode at power level 4. I use the Tropic Eden Miniflakes. It doesn't blow around unless my MP10 is mounted very close to the water level, then the undertow creates some movement on the sand bed. If it is mounted a bit higher than the middle of the tank there are no issues :)

I prefer the smaller grains personally, but I would think oolite or the Tropic Eden Aragasnow would definitely blow around. I don't really need to run super high power with my MP10, but if your planning SPS only, I would say maybe something a smidge larger size?

I'm not planning only sps but I would like to try my hand at some, so I might try for something a little bigger.

What stand is that?

http://www.target.com/p/threshold-windham-one-door-accent-cabinet/-/A-14519707#prodSlot=_1_2

So the tank was pushed back yet again! They now said it wont be delivered until Monday but about 30 minutes after I got that email they sent another saying it might be delayed again due to weather!!!!! :furious: This is so frustrating to me since we got about 6 inches of snow here on Monday, but by Tuesday night the roads were all clear, the package has been in Richmond where I live since early Wednesday night and now they are saying it will get delayed for a second time because it's been cold!? WTF! *end rant* You can tell i'm really patient right? haha

Anyway I have a second hand Nano box tide coming my way and is said to be here on Monday but who knows lol, so maybe if I'm lucky I'll get both the tank and light on Monday. I was just hoping to get it this weekend because I have a pretty busy week next week...Oh well. I went ahead and picked up my sand today because I thought the tank was going to be delivered. I went with a Caribsea reef sand, it looks to be bigger grained than the fiji pink but not as big as some of other stuff I used in my last tank so I think it will do well with the flow

16596184652_95aeab14d1.jpg

That sucks! You could do what I did, I started cycling my rocks and sand in a bucket before the tank arrived. Had it all ready for fish and coral in under a week :D

Archived