Cultivated Reef

Fish Photo Contest: Win a Vertex Omega 150 Skimmer!

Marine Depot

original.jpg?1422488305

Enter our fish photo contest for a chance to win a Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer (a $399.99 value!)
PLUS the photo with the most "likes" wins a Vertex Algae Magnet

We are looking for amazing fish photos to feature in our next catalog!

Upload an image of your favorite blenny, angelfish, tang--or any aquarium fish you desire--for a chance to win a brand spankin' new Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer.

Our staff of reefers will select the Grand Prize winner; the photo that receives the most "likes" will be awarded a Vertex Duplex Algae Magnet Cleaner.

>> ENTER NOW <<

Vertex-Omega-150-Protein-Skimmer-99.jpg
Vertex-Duplex-Algae-Magnet-Cleaner-99.jp

All images, once submitted, become the property of MarineDepot.com and may be used for marketing and promotional purposes.

I understand needing the right to use the images for marketing purposes but to claim ownership is a little over the top and unnecessary IMO. :)

Edited to add; Sorry to derail the thread. Good luck to everyone, wish I could take part.

I understand needing the right to use the images for marketing purposes but to claim ownership is a little over the top and unnecessary IMO. :)

It is a little harsh, But if they do take the picture and it becomes theirs, We should all strive to take a better shot :)

Edited to add; Sorry to derail the thread. Good luck to everyone, wish I could take part.

We could have worded it more delicately. We just wanted to be very straightforward so no entrants will get upset if they saw their photo featured in our catalog or on, say, a Nano-Reef banner a year from now unattributed.

We could have worded it more delicately. We just wanted to be very straightforward so no entrants will get upset if they saw their photo featured in our catalog or on, say, a Nano-Reef banner a year from now unattributed.

Could just give credit where credit is due too ;)

Could just give credit where credit is due too ;)

Oh totally. Attributing photos in future print catalogs shouldn't be an issue, it's more of the web stuff where individual attribution could prove challenging or unappealing from a design standpoint (say, on a banner or email graphic, for example).

Oh totally. Attributing photos in future print catalogs shouldn't be an issue, it's more of the web stuff where individual attribution could prove challenging or unappealing from a design standpoint (say, on a banner or email graphic, for example).

Makes sense :)

Archived