Cultivated Reef

quick question on glass

tetraodon

in the prosses of building my sump, i had to remove the trim from my old tank. it went well until a chunk got torn out, an inch high and 6 inches long, so im wondering what would be best to glue it back on,

in the prosses of building my sump, i had to remove the trim from my old tank. it went well until a chunk got torn out, an inch high and 6 inches long, so im wondering what would be best to glue it back on,

Actually, need to see the damage. Some types of damage are OK, some not so much. Are you using the old tank for the sump? Will the damage be above the water line? How thick is the glass? Do you care if the crack is visible? Silicone would work. Don't use too much.

I use Loctite 349 Impruv glue for art glass. Needs UV to cure (the sun will do it). Very strong and invisible.

Actually, need to see the damage. Some types of damage are OK, some not so much. Are you using the old tank for the sump? Will the damage be above the water line? How thick is the glass? Do you care if the crack is visible? Silicone would work. Don't use too much.

I use Loctite 349 Impruv glue for art glass. Needs UV to cure (the sun will do it). Very strong and invisible.

i dont really care how it looks as long as theres no chance it will shatter and flood my floor, its not a huge deal if i cant repair it, i can get another for 20 bucks at petco

1423750596917_zpscf391819.jpg

20150212_091506_zps5f65d1d8.jpg

Yeah, make a terrarium out of it or something. Glass does funny things after it cracks. It looks like it might be stable, but for the money I would just get a new tank.

Archived