Top Shelf Aquatics

Worried about my hi fin goby

adept

Hi all,

I bought a hi fin goby and candy cane pistol shrimp on Monday from my LFS. I acclimated both of them separately by using the drip method for about 30 minutes to an hour. I never saw them after I added them in.

Then the next day I moved around all of my aquascape because I had been planning on doing that for a while. I opened up their hiding spot on accident while doing this, and I think they may have been stressed out.

I finally found their new little hiding hole yesterday and I can see both of them together in the burrow. However the fish doesn't seem to be moving. I've been feeding once to twice a day with frozen vitamin-enriched brine shrimp. I've tried to target it towards their hole. However they don't come out of their hole at all to feed, and I don't think they have ever had a bite. The shrimp just floats around the tank until finally going down the filter or onto the sand bed.

Is this normal? It's been 5 days now.

Sounds like you are indeed stressing them out. Leave them be for a while and let them settle in. Probably a bad idea to introduce new things to a tank and then rearrange the rocks the next day. That would stress out an established pair.

Archived