SaltCritters.com

Neptune Apex DOS Review

Arkayology

Ok, so after talking with Neptune via email they said they are aware of the issue of not dosing the correct amount in the last dose and are working on it. I guess we will see how simple or hard of a fix it is based on the amount of time it takes for a fix to come out.

I still love my DOS. :) My alk has never been more stable (you know, after I got the issues worked out at the beginning)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done this with my alk - I have every hour of the day as it's own interval. I shouldn't have to do this though.

I know. I am trying to talk with them about fixing the software, or at least that is my intention.

Yeah, I don't know. It seems like this should be a matter of simple division.

I mean changing the interval and still using just 1 interval. I do not know why, but that worked for me. It divides it out evenly the entire length of the "new" interval.

StrainedSky

Right now I have mine on test, have it dosing 1ml and it dumps it all in at once instead of breaking up the dosage through out the day. :huh:

So last night I changed mine to 8 ml and now it is doing what Ark is referring to. 0.1 ml for hours and then boom all at once 0.9 ml. This is the first I have seen this so I will change my dosage to 7.5 ml (I had it at 7 ml before last nights change).

There is clearly a bug in the programming. It is not the pump because sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't.

I mean changing the interval and still using just 1 interval. I do not know why, but that worked for me. It divides it out evenly the entire length of the "new" interval.

That's how I had it set up when i first for it and it did not dose evenly at all.

Right now I have mine on test, have it dosing 1ml and it dumps it all in at once instead of breaking up the dosage through out the day. :huh:

So last night I changed mine to 8 ml and now it is doing what Ark is referring to. 0.1 ml for hours and then boom all at once 0.9 ml. This is the first I have seen this so I will change my dosage to 7.5 ml (I had it at 7 ml before last nights change).

There is clearly a bug in the programming. It is not the pump because sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't.

Set it up the dosing to go hourly until they fix the bug. That way you can be sure it doses the correct amount.

• 1 month later...

Hey, we're ordering the dos literally right now (hubs is on the check out page for BRS), did they fix the bug or should I go ahead and program it hourly? Also, do we need any extra tubing? I'm assuming no, since your review didn't mention it. Thanks.

Arkayology

Hey, we're ordering the dos literally right now (hubs is on the check out page for BRS), did they fix the bug or should I go ahead and program it hourly? Also, do we need any extra tubing? I'm assuming no, since your review didn't mention it. Thanks.

I can't comment on if they fixed it or not as I prefer to have my dosing programmed by the hour. I think you get about 10ft of tubing with the doser so unless you are going to put it far from the tank you should be fine. I have quite a bit left of mine. HTH.

I program it using the wizard with no issues since the update

Your answer. Thanks for the update, mpsti05.

• 2 months later...

hi there,

I just got an apex gold. I'm hoping to get a neptune dos to replace my Tunze water ato and have one less equipment in my tank.

How complicated is it to configure the gold with the dos? And to synchronize the water top offs and dosing? Is it possible with just the one dos that I get? I'm very new to pumps...so I'm sorry if this seems like a mundane and silly question..

sarah

Archived