Pod Your Reef

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

That anemone is awesome very beautiful colors.

I might order those test for all 5 its $104.65 on amazon.

I wonder if any of our sponsors have it for around that price.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

That anemone is awesome very beautiful colors.

I might order those test for all 5 its $104.65 on amazon.

I wonder if any of our sponsors have it for around that price.

My LFS sells them, more expensive then online but I didn't wanna wait. The price for the 5 pack isn't really. A deal, if you add it all up individually, I think you save like .10, lol.

Btw, the nem split....stress maybe, but both are out and happy?

My LFS sells them, more expensive then online but I didn't wanna wait. The price for the 5 pack isn't really. A deal, if you add it all up individually, I think you save like .10, lol.

Btw, the nem split....stress maybe, but both are out and happy?

That was all 5 test separate. Do they sell a 5 pack?
Steensj2004

That was all 5 test separate. Do they sell a 5 pack?

I found 1 or 2 websites that sell a ,"Pack." However, the price buying individually was about exactly the same, I didn't get it.....

I found 1 or 2 websites that sell a ,"Pack." However, the price buying individually was about exactly the same, I didn't get it.....

Ok I might just order them from amazon free 2 day shipping with prime is nice.

I'm not happy with my Red Sea test I can test 3 times and have different results all 3 times.

It will say my calcium is 440 then 480 then 460 so I have been just going with the average. I'm tired of doing that.

Ok I might just order them from amazon free 2 day shipping with prime is nice.

I'm not happy with my Red Sea test I can test 3 times and have different results all 3 times.

It will say my calcium is 440 then 480 then 460 so I have been just going with the average. I'm tired of doing that.

All test kits are like that, its really hard to get a kit give the exact same readings all the time and be accurate. I barely test anymore for that reason, and if i do i just allow for tolerances in both directions, essentially i just aim for a "range" and if i test within that i figure its good.

All test kits are like that, its really hard to get a kit give the exact same readings all the time and be accurate. I barely test anymore for that reason, and if i do i just allow for tolerances in both directions, essentially i just aim for a "range" and if i test within that i figure its good.

I test once a week after my water change so I can add extra calcium and alk if needed. Its just so time consuming to do water test when you have to do them 3 times each. And I have had bad batches of salt before so I will always test with every water change.

Hey steens have you had any problems with these test like what im having on a personal level?

Steensj2004

I test once a week after my water change so I can add extra calcium and alk if needed. Its just so time consuming to do water test when you have to do them 3 times each. And I have had bad batches of salt before so I will always test with every water change.

Hey steens have you had any problems with these test like what im having on a personal level?

meh, not really. Like I said, Salifert have kinda been the golden standard and these seem to be just as consistent as those. I am extremely meticulous when testing and measuring, so both Salifert and NYOS have been pretty consistent for me. Like Ark said, they always fluctuate a little if you test back to back. Salifert and these NYOS seem to be not as bad though....

Sweet... Thanks I have used the Salifert before and liked them. I guess Ill give the NYOS a try thanks a lot steen for all the help.

Steensj2004

Congrats! Keep one, sell the other! ;)

I was mistaken, I didn't realize how large this thing was. It was poking out two different sides of the rock and looked to have split. :( Shucks. Well, it was looking horrible when I got home today....mouth gaping a little, tentacles shriveled up... As soon as I fed it, it perked right up..

C89639E1-D276-42CD-A117-0E8A4359C44B_zps

Looks amazing.... Its a clear, pink lemonade color, with darker pink spots and bright yellow tips....amazing. Cost me 30.00 because of the favor :lol:

Tank is kicking ass right now. Acan is popping 4 heads.

D73BC038-7971-4BDE-8661-2E585F3F1813_zps

Acid reflux zoa poping 4 new polyps, Sour apple has bounced back and is fully extended, and The Torches are extending more every day!

B3491015-645E-4A62-89FB-2F62209EF5AE_zps

0A50E62A-B8FE-4719-8AFD-BF7812CD29EB_zps

NorthGaHillbilly

Glad to hear things are perking up. I feel like the struggle use to be getting a nano enough light, but these days it's easy to burn stuff up

Steensj2004

Glad to hear things are perking up. I feel like the struggle use to be getting a nano enough light, but these days it's easy to burn stuff up

thanks man! Yeah, I'm excited, I'll be gone for a few days though, so I'm hoping that everything will be ok, lol
Steensj2004

We were at a party

His ear lobe fell in the deep

Someone reached in and grabbed it

Was a SQUAT lobster

Aaaah

SQUAT lobster

Aaaah

SQUAT lobster

65E1B0C1-DF8F-4504-ACBC-7F5C3D59D5DD_zps

Steensj2004

Saw flatworms(3 tiny ones)in overflow area....

Siphoned them out, more in overflow area after a few days....

Ordered flatworm exit and a bunch of ROX 0.8 carbon....

Going nuclear.....

definitely never buying frags that aren't from the Reef Room ever again.!

Steensj2004

What kind of flatworms?

Uhh, they are really small at this point, but the shape is undeniable, kinda clear-ish, darker center. On the road and can't take a pic...

Not the red ones I don't think, but multiplying fast...

HarryPotter

Uhh, they are really small at this point, but the shape is undeniable, kinda clear-ish, darker center. On the road and can't take a pic...

Not the red ones I don't think, but multiplying fast...

I also had one large one in the overflow point at some point, and sucked it out to avoid causing a spawning. Since then I've never seen another, and corals are thriving :)

Beautiful by the way- I love that torch, and the acan growth is crazy! Inspiration <3

Steensj2004

I also had one large one in the overflow point at some point, and sucked it out to avoid causing a spawning. Since then I've never seen another, and corals are thriving :)

Beautiful by the way- I love that torch, and the acan growth is crazy! Inspiration <3

thanks!

Yeah, I cannot find any inside the display area, they seem to be centralized to the overflow box area, but there has to be more. I learned that the last time I had some

HarryPotter

Very few flatworms are bad in a reef tank.

That's news to me, according to most of my readings most ARE bad. Bristle worms= good, flatworms=bad.

No?

(Don't mean to contradict you, just curious on where you got that from :) )

Steensj2004

Very few flatworms are bad in a reef tank.

I'm afraid of how fast these are reproducing, started with the 5 I siphoned out, now about 20-30 in the overflow area. Clear with a white center.... Order the FE in the event I can't control it otherwise, I needed the carbon anyway, ran out of ROX and have been using so junk stuff, but the extra is for info need to use FE. Same type I had previously in my first biocube, there were thousands in no time. Looked like only a few, when I put the FE in, te came out of everywhere.....?

That's news to me, according to most of my readings most ARE bad. Bristle worms= good, flatworms=bad

No?

(Don't mean to contradict you, just curious on where you got that from :) )

Some white ones eat acros ( I think), the red ones aren't bad except they multiply and smoother corals and are unsightly. Te ones I have don't seem to be bothering anything, but I'm afraid of how fast they are popping up....I had a badass polychaete(sp?) flatworm in my last tank, he was cool, had two little devil horns and was pinkish, saw him at night cruising around.

Hey Ben, how much of this ROX carbon should I be running? Wondering if I'm overdoing it? Some others said I might, I run about 1 cup in a reactor for about 45 gallons of water volume, change every few weeks...

jedimasterben

I'm afraid of how fast these are reproducing, started with the 5 I siphoned out, now about 20-30 in the overflow area. Clear with a white center.... Order the FE in the event I can't control it otherwise, I needed the carbon anyway, ran out of ROX and have been using so junk stuff, but the extra is for info need to use FE. Same type I had previously in my first biocube, there were thousands in no time. Looked like only a few, when I put the FE in, te came out of everywhere.....?

Some white ones eat acros ( I think), the red ones aren't bad except they multiply and smoother corals and are unsightly. Te ones I have don't seem to be bothering anything, but I'm afraid of how fast they are popping up....I had a badass polychaete(sp?) flatworm in my last tank, he was cool, had two little devil horns and was pinkish, saw him at night cruising around.

Hey Ben, how much of this ROX carbon should I be running? Wondering if I'm overdoing it? Some others said I might, I run about 1 cup in a reactor for about 45 gallons of water volume, change every few weeks...

If they're clear, more than likely they are algaevores. If they aren't hanging around on corals, they aren't eating them :)

But I do agree that if their population doesn't regulate then you'll need to do something at some point.

A cup is WAY too much. I'd be using 2-4 tablespoons at the very most, passively (no reactor). I dont even use a full cup in my system with double the volume lol

Archived