inTank Media Baskets

DIY CNCReef 618 Fixture

sangheili

Old post.. but one of these two fixtures is still available.

So, decided i'm switching to T5 Hybrid lights since LED aren't ideal for SPS color. Considering my T5 lamp costs a small fortune I need to part with these painstakingly crafted DIY fixtures :unsure:

I have two identical units. One is still being built (just waiting on the gooseneck).

Each light consists of:

• CNCReef ASIS 618 Fixture in Powdercoated White with center exit Gooseneck
  • 2x LEDGroupBuy Lumia 5.2 Pucks (75w each)
  • 4x 3up Pucks with 2 Lime and 1RB in each - this adds extra PAR and the wonderful Lime LEDs to the white channel.
  • 1x 6up LDD Board with 3 1000 and 3 700 LDDs
  • 1x O2Regulator's 0-10v to PWM Converter for 4 channels
  • 1x Controller box with fan that encloses all the LDDs and dimmer
  • Approx 10ft of wire between control box and fixture

Each light is fully intended to be used with an Apex. They are pre-wired with Apex dimming cables and you only need to plug them in and program. If you want to use a different 0-10v dimmer its a simple change of wire. If you want to use PWM dimming, just pull out the 0-10v to PWM board and wire it straight to your favorite controller.

The lights feature quick disconnect plugs between the fixture and the electronics box. The total (not including 10+hrs of work) to build these two fixtures was around $1300 in parts. Each light is roughly equivalent to a Radion Gen3 in light output but with in my opinion better spectrum and color, not to mention Apex control!

Price for one light with PSU: $440 shipped.
Price for one light with no PSU: $400 shipped.

Prices are OBO. PM with offers.

Pics:

pegxrop.jpg

4CjTisL.jpg

VuzSXGw.jpg

How good of a color do these put out at like 75% ? I've been itching to pick one up and retro it into my t5's.

GLWS though !!

I love the color from this. I went from a Full Spectrum Chinese LED fixture to these and the difference was night and day.

Prices dropped! Each fixture has $250+ worth of LEDs in them so your essentially getting the LDDs, dimmer board, heatsink, gooseneck, and assembly for $150.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived