inTank Media Baskets

Tank Hacks

2 f15hy 4u

Hey guys! I've been on here for a while, but rarely post. It's not much, but I thought I would share. I bought pellet fish food a little while ago, but the pellets were too big for my clownfish. I got sick of having to either grind them up or soften them, so I used an empty salt/pepper grinder! I've even combined the pellets with other dry foods. I don't find myself over feeding this way either! Hope this makes things a little easier for someone! :)

• 6 months later...

I have another tank hack for you guys! I just thought of it, because I suggested it in another post...

I don't have a lot of fish tank related places in my area, and when I went to get the classic egg crate for a DIY fuge basket, I could only find it in really large sheets, soooooo I went to Hobby Lobby (could probably find it in a sewing/craft shop), and I was exploring and found these small, square, plastic gridded sheets in the sewing section. They aren't as sturdy as the egg crate, but when I fastened my cut pieces (can cut them with scissors) with a few zip ties it worked really well for what it was made for. I can post pictures later!

Hey guys! I've been on here for a while, but rarely post. It's not much, but I thought I would share. I bought pellet fish food a little while ago, but the pellets were too big for my clownfish. I got sick of having to either grind them up or soften them, so I used an empty salt/pepper grinder! I've even combined the pellets with other dry foods. I don't find myself over feeding this way either! Hope this makes things a little easier for someone! :)

That's a brilliant idea!

Archived