Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wiring a makersdriver 5up to 48v power

spartanomega21

spartanomega21

i have pretty limited knowledge on electricity. i have always used mean well eln-60-48d drivers to make my small builds and this is my first larger build. i am planning a build with 5 led channels using the makersdriver 5up pro with makerscontroller and sink.

the main questions i have are how do you wire a 250w 48v 5.2A dc power supply off the site to the 5up pro to power all 5 channels? how is the "48v" channeled on the actual driver with what looks like 3 (+) and 3 (-) sources? does each channel max out at 48v? im just not understanding how the 48v comes into play to drive so many leds when "48v" can only supply around 14 leds correct?

also do the 48v dc power supplies have a power cord attached that plug into an outlet or does one have to be wired to it?

thanks

jedimasterben

Meanwell LDD output 45v with a 48v input. LEDs use a certain amount of voltage and your driver has to be able to provide at least that much voltage or it will not work properly and may damaged the LEDs or the driver.

The power supply has three terminals each for + and - (COM). Only attach one of each to the MakersDriver, the terminals on it are labeled, couldn't be easier :)

The supplies don't come with a plug, but if you already have a standard 3-pin power plug (like for a computer) then you can clip the end from it and wire it right in.

Archived