Coral Vue Hydros

algae id...please dont be dinos

slowngreen

20150131_150706.jpg

This crap showed up a few days after my tank move which has been around 10 days ago. I treated it with chemiclean then did a partial water change and siphoned it off the sand two days ago but it is back now.

Please ID it for me.

Doesn't look like diatoms to me. If it is dinos you can get rid of them it just takes a while. Do you notice any stringy bits coming up from mats on the sand? If so thats a definite sign of dinos.

Ive not seen any stringy stuff at all. Just what is in the pic. I replaced my GFO yesterday and am skimmer pretty wet in hopes that it helps. My nitrates are at 5 and no detected phosphates. Im gonna get my algae scrubber going today too just because.

• 2 weeks later...

Well whatever it is/was I decided to leave it alone and see what it does. It's going away on its own now, so glad.

004.jpg

yay thats good. i have the same stuff on my new 20l atm and im waiting for it to go away D: how long did it take you

20150131_150706.jpg

This crap showed up a few days after my tank move which has been around 10 days ago. I treated it with chemiclean then did a partial water change and siphoned it off the sand two days ago but it is back now.

Please ID it for me.

Diatoms, not dinos.

Archived