Innovative Marine Aquariums

Xris' Nuvo Fusion 20 - Back after a few years off! (new livestock 2-25-15)

GokesReef

Alright! The last rock has finally cured - have a look at the scape in all of it's glory!

Front:

IMG_1184.png

Close up:

IMG_1190.png

Right Side:

IMG_1187.png

Left Side:

IMG_1191.png

The diatomes they are a'bloomin!:

tomes.jpg

A little particulate still on the surface from the sand/rock but the filter floss is wrapping that up easily. I'll scoop out the rest in an upcoming water change.

How's it lookin?

I really like that left rock. I like that it's more shelf-y than hole-y...if that makes sense!

Haha I totally understand! And yeah that's the only piece from my old tank that got to go in the new one (after being dry for almost 2 years and cured for a few weeks) - I checked my old thread and it looks like I picked that up from Saltwaterfish.com - http://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-premium-caribbean-live-rock-12-lbs

It was great LR with no pests but nice life and the tank didn't experience a cycle :) all dry this time around though lol

On another note, the monti cap I picked up had a little GHA sprouting out the side so I just gave it a quick peroxide dip. First time dipping with peroxide, so I'm a bit nervous and hopeful at the same time. There was a little macro growing on the chalice also, but the thumb nail took care of that!

• 2 weeks later...

i like everything you are doing. Surprised you stayed with same size tank. Personally I would have used a new build as excuse to get Nuvo 30L.

Thanks and yeah that definitely crossed my mind lol I feel like this one is going to fill up pretty quickly! The 40 breeder has always been my favorite form factor, so if I decide to go bigger down the line I'll probably go that route :)

I moved a few frags over from the QT to the display yesterday - I'll be trying to get some pics of them up tonight

Looks great. I am currently waiting for my 20 to cycle. I also have two media baskets and was thinking of running Chemi-Pure / Purigen in one and a small chunk of cheato in the other. If I missed it, sorry but what are you running?

Looks great. I am currently waiting for my 20 to cycle. I also have two media baskets and was thinking of running Chemi-Pure / Purigen in one and a small chunk of cheato in the other. If I missed it, sorry but what are you running?

Thanks! And you didn't miss it because I didn't list it yet! right now I'm running chemipure blue in one, with the InTank basket, I had to take the middle section out to fit the smallest bag of blue available right now. The other side is just running carbon and both have a stack of filter floss in the top.

I also have the IM desktop reactor which I'll be running GFO in once I get it hooked up :)

I was planning to do CP elite in one side and purigen in the other, with floss on both, but it seems CP Blue makes it so you don't need to run Purigen. Hope that made sense! I'm thinking I'll do a small chaeto fuge in one of the larger chambers, whichever doesn't get the reactor.

I was planning to do CP elite in one side and purigen in the other, with floss on both, but it seems CP Blue makes it so you don't need to run Purigen. Hope that made sense! I'm thinking I'll do a small chaeto fuge in one of the larger chambers, whichever doesn't get the reactor.

I'm hoping to get this tank beginning of March and was thinking of a chaeto fuge in one of the chambers, too. If you guys set one up, please let me know how it goes!

I'm hoping to get this tank beginning of March and was thinking of a chaeto fuge in one of the chambers, too. If you guys set one up, please let me know how it goes!

Will do! It seems like it will be an easy enough setup since there will still be an open chamber after the reactor goes in. I might just gut one of the stock baskets and stuff a submersible LED in there to keep it simple :)

Overall the tank is pretty great - it took a little tweaking to find the right water level to get the surface particulate skimming into the filter floss but overall it's just got a nice and clean look with nothing to distract from the livestock.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of pics lately, but everything has been moving along nicely.. here's a little update:

- Added a Tail Spot Blenny. Little guy who immediately found himself a cave near the peak in the top rock. He spends all day out grazing and eating like a pig and seems to have a thing for battling power heads. He's still a little shy when I'm close to the tank. Here's a pic of him sleeping from the other night:

tailspot-blenny_1.png

Moved all of the frags over from the QT to the display.. epoxy.. epoxy everywhere! This can't color up quickly enough. Here's a quick and dirty FTS before I moved the zoas/pallys:

20150224_161439.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right: Hydnophora, Hollywood Stunner chalice (safely tucked in the back with nothing in range of sweepers), Orange Crush Acan E., Meteor Shower cyphastrea, JF Jack o Lantern lepto, Green Maxi Mini

Also, you can see my Reef Cleaners order showed up.. those Jade hermits are awesome! They decimated any bits of GHA that snuck in within a few hours. In the QT, I had a snail with a GHA fro that one of them locked on to and had a great tug of war with - video:

http://youtu.be/4Q9IAIKQCsI

And he did not let go until the job was done - that hermit rode that snail all over the tank:

20150224_181900a.jpg

Thoroughly impressed with his dedication and thoroughness!

Here's a quick snap of the settling of Zoa Island - just a few minutes after everything was moved. They're all open and looking great today! More pics will come later.

zoas.jpg

Again from the top - Gob Stoppers, Valentines day Massacres, Blonde Blue Eyes, Yoda, CB Rainbow Infusion, Darth Mauls, Fizzy Lizzy, Fruit Loops, Rastas - and around back there's a batch of Atomic Space Monsters.

I also picked up a bleached Ricordea (did I mention that yet)? and found a baby - or maybe nearly dead adult - growing on the back. They're both coming along nicely. Beautiful blue/purple rainbow fade on the larger and the baby is still too small to tell what it will do. Not a bad $7 pick up.

And lastly - here's a cool hitchhiker I found. On the Jack o Lantern frag, there was a small spot.. it's been growing! Certainly seems to be a LPS of some sort. Eats, grows/shrinks, seems to have a tiny skeleton under there and from comparing pics it seems like a baby wellso, lobo, or similar might be the answer - any guesses? I'll be keeping a close eye on it since I do believe it will need to be fragged off of the lepto colony sooner than later.

20150224_161428.png

Alright I think I covered everything! I visited the LFS yesterday and he told me that today they are getting in a big shipment, so I'll have a lot of new goodies tonight. From what he said (and based on my abilities to get there ASAP) I SHOULD come home with:

- Golden Torch

- RFA either red or rainbow (they will go in the front right atoll area.. nice garden spot!

- Handful of Acan Lords (he's getting 25 frags)

- Maybe a duncan.. or whatever else catches my eye!

So.. what do ya think?

Thanks! It's filling up quickly, that's for sure :)

I don't know the brand of the epoxy off hand, it's what my LFS carries and I've basically always used... it's green with white inside and comes in a plastic tube. Unfortunately I only had standard super glue on hand, no gel so that got messy fast.

Thanks! First lepto I've owned.. I don't think they were in the hobby when my last tank was setup :) I picked that and most of the zoas up from jr973 and his pics are way better than mine, so here's the one he sent me before I bought it:

IMG_8987.jpg

It's a bit more orange than his pic and a bit less pink than mine, IRL

They're cool, from what I've read they prefer very low light so it's just on the edge of where the LED spread hits - hopefully it does well there!

And yeah Jae takes awesome pics, I'll post up the rest he sent me of the corals I've got in there later tonight :)

Alright so today was a success at the LFS!

Didn't get the Golden Torch as it wasn't open yet so I couldn't get a good look at it.. buuuut.. here's what I came home with (pics forthcoming)

- Ultra Red Rock Flower Anem

- The neonest green plate coral I've ever seen

- 4 heads of what I consider a perfect hammer - full green stalks and evenly kidney-bean shaped purple tips

- 2 acan Lord frags ( 1 ultra red - like.. the all of the heads are deep full red. Never saw one like it! One more standard blue/red banded)

- Bonus free green favis with teal eyes

Everyone (except the nem and plate) have been dipped - now doing Bayer -> revive -> rinse and are sitting pretty!

Can't wait for pics!

How big is your nem?

Hopefully I'll be able to take some nice ones today once everyone is settled in! The nem is tucked into the rock work so it's hard to tell but he's in the 3" diameter rage when laying flat/curled. The Maxi Mini is a bit bigger but has been sitting in a triangle shape :)

There's also a great little colony of blastos and some quality looking duncans that he just got in which will hopefully be there on my next visit!

• 3 months later...

Archived