SaltCritters.com

Bryopsis... Wow that stuff is mean

Sunstar

I had a tank just running at minimum for 3 years, took some rock out put it in a tank got that running and it's going nuts.

My understanding is obtaining Kent Marine Tech M should do the trick, so I am attempting to obtain this, as well as a mag test kit to make it work.

It is pretty, soft looking, sort of makes me want to curl up in it. But I will treat the pico and the nano in hopes of erradicating it.

I am dealing with this right now as well. I tried the Tech M route. I have heard that it will work, but you need to raise mag up to around 1800 or so, depending on what your original mag level was. It is actually not the mag, but a trace element in Tech M, that kills the bryopsis. The only problem that I have encountered is by doing this, I have elevated my Alk. My Alk has gone from low 8 dKh up to 11, which has cause me to loose one of my SPS mini colonies.

Another route you can consider is dosing small amounts of hydrogen peroxide. Whatever you decide to do, just make sure to read up on the method you choose and go slow. Good luck.

reefernanoman

I took my rocks out (luckily I only have a 10g tank) and squirted the HP straight onto the bryopsis,while being careful not to put it on my SPS. It worked great for me.

Archived