Pod Your Reef

What's wrong with my Clown?

theishkid

it could be some kind of disease or black ich that clownfish tends to have or it might be because your clownfish has been rubbing itself against some corals if you have any.

This happened to my clownfish too and i thought it had ich but apparently if your clownfish has ich it will die quickly if not treated and that has not happened to this bugger yet.

20150127_181300.jpg

it could be some kind of disease or black ich that clownfish tends to have or it might be because your clownfish has been rubbing itself against some corals if you have any.

This happened to my clownfish too and i thought it had ich but apparently if your clownfish has ich it will die quickly if not treated and that has not happened to this bugger yet.

20150127_181300.jpg

20150127_181300.jpg

I think you may find those dark spots were caused from it hosting one of those inverts in the background of your pic ;)

Black spots on clowns are usually hyperpigmentation (I believe) which is caused by rubbing against LPS and other corals. My picasso got it extremely bad from trying to host my scoly.

Archived