Cultivated Reef

can you keep different wrasse together?

jamescon85

Hi all,

I currently have a six line wrasse, and just saw a flasher wrasse at my lfs and it looked awesome, the guy there said it will be fine to keep with my six line, has anyone tried it? my six line pretty peaceful, if anything chases him he will chase back, but he doesnt actively go round attacking, just when he feels threatened, and i have never seem him actually attack anything

No. Sixlines are of the Pseudocheilinus species. These wrasses do not mix well with other wrasses. You can keep most fairies, flashers, leopard, and Halichoeres together. Meaning, one of each. With a large tank, you can keep multiple fairies, flashers, and leopards. The Halichoeres might tolerate another of the same species in a large enough tank. But you can't keep any of them with a Pseudocheilinus species. Yes, there will be those that do it somewhat successfully, but its best not to try it until you have a large enough tank.

I've got several fairies and flashers mixed in my 180. newcomers are bullied a bit but typically subsides after a few days. +1 on sixlines getting aggressive.

Archived